Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy 350 T-Bucket, stalling
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 12:51 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Chevy 350 T-Bucket, stalling

Hello all, glad I came across the forums here. I've read through several posts to find a solution to my issue, but at wits end now.

Issue/s:
--When put into gear, rpms drop to ~650, all seems fine, drive car to first stop sign/light, it stalls. Car will sometimes restart without issue, but stalls as soon as its put into gear.
--Same as above, but will not restart sometimes.
--With both issues, seems to only be after the car has started to warm up.

I have confirmed as much as possible: Timing, Vacuum/leaks, air/fuel adjustment, fuel pressure, voltage/s to all components (dist, ign, etc), spark plugs, wires, running temps, oil press.

The car originally had dual quads, and I always felt it was overkill, so I swapped them out for a single carb setup, but still have the same identical issue.

We have owned to vehicle for 8 years, driven when weather permits. The problem showed up about a year ago, and was inconsistent until the end of last summer. I have been trying to solve it since then.

I'm leaning towards a possible trans/conveter problem, as it bangs into gear now from nuetral to drive or reverse. But even if there is a trans issue, that doesn't explain the no re-start issue.

Info:
1923 Ford T-Bucket
Chevy 350, .040 overbore
Unknown Cam specs (original build sheet only says "High Performance Cam to match Dual Quads).
Turbo 400 Trans with 2800 stall speed converter
373 10bolt Posi Rear

Hope to get some ideas on where to go next! Thanks