Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy 350 T-Bucket, stalling
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 06:23 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Off topic warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear View Post
Hey Mark?

How many neighbors did you terrorize by moving their cars with this method?
This is also why its laughable to watch a movie and see some doofus fiddling around under the dash and the car mystically starts.
lol, no never messed w/the neighbors- but in our 'yard, it was how I was shown to see if an engine would start before removing for storage.

OT- We didn't have unlimited storage space so as the 'yard filled up, the good parts were removed from the vehicles that had been there the longest or had been picked over, etc.

Then the stripped out hulks were burned down w/a cup of gas through the window (can you imagine doing that today?), shoved onto a crusher that would come by when needed, then loaded onto flatbeds and hauled away. IIRC we got about $12/per back then.

There used to be big puddles of shiny silver body lead left on the ground that would cook out of the body seams that I'd find and put into the scrap drum. I'd also cut the wiring looms out of them before torching; that was mine to burn down and take in for scrap. Kind of like earning a tip. The 6V cars actually had some weight to the looms...