Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - chevy 350 w/ mild cam.. idle/gear probs
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 02:47 PM
poor boy's racing

Wiki Edits: 0

Then you don;t want a big honkin cam in it.
Get a cam that suites matches what you are trying to do there.

im not swapping cams... its what came in the truck when i traded for it...

This is especially true if:
Your truck was an early tbi design which has too much fuel pressure for a carb;
or
if you saw signs of flooding on the old 1405, like fuel dripping down the throttle bore at idle or fuel weeping, dripping from the gaskets at the fuel bowl.

truck is a 81 chevy swb scottsdale. when took off the carb,my original 1405, the inside of the manifold was suprizingly clean, no discolored spots where fuel been pooling.
tho the actual mouth where the carb mounts had some brown discoloration, so i took one them sponges with the scrubbing side and cleaned it all up nice and shiny again b4 i swapped gaskets. so i would assume, someone took the carb off another motor and didnt bother tuning for the truck, but as the case may be im gonna get it rebuilt to factory specs by local rebuilder as soon as i have the funds....

the carb i borrowed off my friend, was older than mine, it had crude and all kinds of gunk built up on it, bowls was black where he filled it with 2 stroke oil b4 he put it up to keep it from drying out.

Last edited by foodstamp; 02-09-2012 at 03:01 PM.