Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - chevy 350 won't start
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 04:49 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

chevy 350 won't start

I have a 92 Chevy silverado 1/2 ton extended cab just got it to start tinkering again. Problem is I can't get ot to start ofter it has been shut off for a few hours.Originally it would start and die oil press switch/transmitter was bad causing fuel pump to shut off. I bypassed switch and drove it home. I replaced switch and checked fuel pump psi was 15 at dead head held psi at 11 next morning. It is running for the 2 sec at the turn of the key. I bought a press regulator rebuild kit and installed it.No change I reset timimg no change.
It will start if i crank it long enough for oil psi to hit 20 psi which engages the fuel pump for continuous running.Next thought is on the psi reg, in the kit you get the baffle spring and gaskets but you don't get the other half of the seat. The one still in the TBI housing wondering if a small imperfection in the face is allowing it bleed off. To prove this I am thinking of putting a tube to pipe T in the fuel supply line and checking psi the next morning. Unless somebody can point me in another direction. SORRY for the long winded story but I hate an incomplete problem