Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy 383 Roller Build (cont.....)
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 10:30 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well I mean is it worth doing. Are they that much better. I couldn't find a assembly kit that had 6 inch rods so I said the hell with it, guess I could bye them separate. Just figured I could get a kit already balanced guaranteed to be ready to install. But that's why I'm on this site cause I don't know jack about performance builds and need you all. It does make sense to safe weight but couldn't find a kit. And other stock builds I've done I just got the balanced ready to install kits to make it easier and save money. I'd like one that was internally balanced if u all could find one. Also what's the difference in 5140,4260,8740, and 4340 rods and can I go longer than 6 inch and what about h beam, I beam, or a beam. Floating pin or pressed fit pin. Does it matter if its shot peened or polished and shot peened finished. Straight or tapered..... http://www.summitracing.com/parts/es...make/chevrolet

What about those above. For 500 hp

Last edited by ChevroletSS; 12-22-2012 at 10:55 PM.