Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy 383 Roller Build (cont.....)
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 09:07 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevroletSS View Post
Oh its fine. I actually cant believe how this setup has the hp climb that good, and high TQ numbers low in the rpm range. Should be a bad a s s motor. Its crazy how the same spec parts but different brands will make different numbers. Thats why its always important to get quality parts. It took me a while to figure that out.

Oh and techinspector showed me the dyno sheet. Its at AFR's website, they have a few different dyno combos on their.
Keep in mind that those dynos done by advertisers may or may not be accurate. And even if they are accurate they don't tell the whole story, I'm sure they used every advantage they could to post a dyno number to advertise their heads. Probably a Dart block withe excellent machine and assembly work, light weight rotating assembly, top of the line oiling, rings, and bearings, cam was indexed on a dyno, perfect manifold and head alignment, etc. There are a LOT of little things that can add up to big power.

If your combo ends up 50hp shy of theirs don't get too upset, it's still a respectable number.