Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy 383 Roller Build (cont.....)
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevroletSS View Post
Im gonna go with the 383. Thanks for the input tho. Pretty much what you are saying is that a stock 350 with a supercharger is the way to go to be cost affective. Can that setup make 500 HP
Turbos are cheaper than super charger the cost of the super charger is alot more than rebuilt turbos from garret.

Many 383 bust the 500 mark. With boost alot more is possible. Also can be smoother on the street with mild turbos and ok compression low boost build. I personnaly like 9:1 with 6 psi boost for street motors. Good efi and you could dump a lot more boost on it but 6 will fry the tire and 9:1 compression pretty much erases any turbo lag since the stock engine without boost is plenty strong. Even if the turbos are slow it still jumps when you punch it.

Even without turbos 383 can push 500 with good and proper build. 400 na will be the cheapest build. You can hit this number with little money invested. 100 hp more really ups the cost. Also effects the street ability with the engine.

500 na with 383 rpm air gap, afr or trick flow 210cc heads, 10:1 - 11:1 compresion and rotating assembly built to run 6500 rpm. I think the 294s from comp will get you there but some better rollers out there will make it alot happier on the street.

406 or 426 cubes i think the crank makes. But with tall deck blocks you can get 454 or more cubes from a small block tall deck block. You can also sleeve the stock block but now a days dart blocks are pretty cheap compared to all the issues with sleeved small block.