Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy 383 Roller Build (cont.....)
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 03:01 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
A low deck 350 wont take a 4 inch crank(that I am aware of) The 3.875 crank just barely fits(unless there is a new crank Im not aware of.So,401 from some GM 350 blocks is the max. The 4 inch crank goes into a 400 block to make a 434(thats what I have)

Ive been trying to price out a boosted engine myself. So far I dont see building an LS 5.3(cheapest core) that makes decent power for less than 12k
some members here can piece meal used turbos for a lot less.I dont see how
hope someone will step up with a full parts list???
Most guys running the 5.3L turbo motors don't have a lot of extra money to blow, so they just run stock long blocks with a cam, injectors, a single turbo off stock manifolds, and tuning. You're looking at some fabrication there and maybe 3k for the whole deal. It's definitely a DIY job though and if you start looking at buying parts from a catalog to build an engine you may as well start with an LSX or better block. Kinda like you did with your 434

As for 4" stroke in a 350 block- it can be done but requires extensive clearancing and possible welding after you grind into water jackets.