Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy 383 Roller Build (cont.....)
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevroletSS View Post
Well I have a 94 350 roller I am going to take up the machine shop so he can get started on that. Cylinder walls look awsome. The hole block does. But thanks for the link, thats wasome , I never knew there was a site like that. What vehicles had a 400 sbc so I can try and find one and a chevy big block
94 engine should be good roller block. The other block without caps may not have any value. Two bolt caps are fine. Do use two bolt blocks that are cross bolted not just the stock two bolts. But i have never stretched a cap bolt. Other engines will pull the bolts out and trash the crank but for chevy small blocks its pretty damn hard to trash one with just well tuned hp.

70s impalas came with 454s as an option. Also most trucks. 400 engine is no big deal. I would not spend time hunting one. A New block is not as crazy priced as you may think. Same goes for the big block. Once it needs line bored on the crank and cam well you covered at least half the cost of a good after market block from world of products or dart.