Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy 383 Roller Build (cont.....)
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevroletSS View Post
Gotta question for ya guys... I was looking to get the AFR 195cc street heads but seen that jegs and edelbrock have their own 195cc heads with 64 cc at a lower price. The way I see it if they all have the same specs will they all give me the same results. If I can get a pair a little cheaper I will as long as I get the same result but not sacrificing quality taking in consideration that jegs and edelbrock are good brand names and have a good reputation.

Thanks guys for the help..
195 cc is how much volume the intake port will hold. This is a common way to base line compare the heads so you can size them for the intended use. Between two different brands of 195 heads they can be completely different in port shape and air flow volume at each RPM range with comparable conditions. I wouldn't buy heads on port volume alone. You should know flow rates and compare dyno runs with other components similar to what you intend to run and suiting your intended purpose.
It's pretty easy to buy cheap and in the process throw your money away. I know, I've done it enough