Hot Rod Forum banner

chevy 383 stroker starts but wont stay running the specks for the most part are here

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  T-bucket23 
#1 ·
Hey everyone i had built this motor its taken me about 4 yrs and it wont stay running it has a KB racing 383 stroker kit in it and it was installed and put together by a well known machine shop and balanced, aluminum heads, lunati cam 610/610, roller lifters, and 1.6 roller rockers i had problems with the valve lash cause if I go to zero and give it a quarter or half turn it has absolutely no compression but if i go to zero lash and tighten the locker screw it has compression so I left it at zero lash and tried to start the car it seems like it wants to run but it will start and not stay running I know that my timing is on and that im right there but i wonder if its not opening the valve at the right time. or if im not getting a good spark but i have a MSD 6A ignition system and distributer , edelbrook dual plain, demon carb 700cfm can you help me in figure this out thank you Anthony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.