Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy 4.3 vortec, diagnosing backfire through intake
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:05 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for the replies/suggestions. I do not have access to an OBD1 scan tool, I would have to purchase one to check for codes etc. which is last case scenario for me. I also have not verified the actual fuel pressure with the new regulator installed, I just verified the nozzles were spraying fuel during cranking. I may have to bite the bullet and buy a fuel pressure tester to confirm I am getting the 60psi or whatever it is. My question then would be it is definately getting fuel since it is shooting flames out of all 6 intake runners so lack of fuel would seem unlikely. I have confirmed the firing order multiple times (1-6-5-4-3-2) as per the manual but I know it is correct since the engine does run and sounds good at 2000rpm........ so that can't be it. This is a really strange one guys and I am loosing sleep over it because I really want to/ need to figure it out! I just dont understand how changing the spark plugs, wires, fuel pressure regulator and cleaning the distributor cap and rotor could result in this. Timing hasn't been touched. I guess I will continue troubleshooting and see if I can make some progress. Any more suggestions are greatly appreciated