Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Transmission - Rearend (
-   -   Chevy 4l60E trans. Question (

whynot 04-17-2006 08:13 AM

Chevy 4l60E trans. Question
If you wanted to change the shifting of the 4l60E. From stock to a firm shift shift. And also to be able to hold it in gear longer.Would a good shift kit be enough ? Change the valvebody ? And or increase the line pressure ? Also which brand name do you think is better ?

dieselherb 04-17-2006 08:36 AM

The 4l60E is electronically controlled, so you'll need a chip or manual controller that plugs into the wiring harnass. You can go on Ebay and look for shift controllers. Theres a company in Texas that sells all transmission parts, Makco Dist. Check with them.

Crosley 04-17-2006 07:16 PM

A TransGo 4L60E - HD2 kit will firm up stuff. A vette 2nd gear servo also helps.

The TransGo kit will give you control over down shifting to 1st gear . I can run my 5.3 Silverado against the rev limiter then clik off another gear manually

whynot 04-18-2006 09:36 PM

Thanks guys for the quick reply !

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.