Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy Block Color?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by docvette
Doc here,

This is a Stock 305, 1980, Second owner (with history, no rebuilds..)

Looks more green to me than Blue, But I guess it could fade into that ugly color over the years (not a good look at all..)

But the closest match color (paint Chip on that confuser shade~O~meter thing..at the paint store) Was Forest Green (also not a good look..) But the two did match..Maybe a Replacement Engine from the factory..? Dono..First owner said no rebuilds/Changes..

Doc
Don't know Doc, the picture sure looks Blue to me and I had to take a color perception test a few years ago to be certified by John Deere to inspect paint colors on parts we supply them. It was a pretty extensive test and I got a perfect score............. but then again it could be the difference in monitors. ??????

Now I have seen some late 70's Pontiac engines that turned a greenish blue from heat after a while. Might depend on what plant or batch of paint but I have only ever had two factory colors on any of my Chevy engines, Chevrolet Orange and Corporate Blue. My '76 Monte's 350 is Orange and I had a '77 Malibu with a 350 that was Corporate Blue. I was the 2nd owner of that one too, I had it at the same time as my '77 Camaro.