Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy c20 1964 restoration spares
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 03:06 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Chevy c20 1964 restoration spares

A friend of mine is restoring a 1964 Chevy C20, conditions are fairly good but he's looking for spares apparently hard to find to the impossible...
the "hardest" are the biggest body mounts, not the "round shaped" but those made with a massive block of rubber and steel bracket attached, i've not pictures to show per now.
He heard they're not available anymore is that true? If yes the best solution is probably to get a couple of new steel mounts that work with regular round rubber bushing, any suggestion?
He's also looking for the parking brake drum and shoes, that seems to have a weird shape, we cannot understand if it's just completely worn out or not, if you look that by the side the surface is not flat but slightly U shaped, kinda, i've checked also underneath the drum and you can see that shape as well, so it might be made like this by the manufacturer to keep the shoes centered...(i know, i've good imagination).
We need two more things, the plastic cover of the parking brake lever and #4 wheel cover for the MY 1964.
Thank you in advance!