Hot Rod Forum banner

chevy pickup spongy pedal

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Bluejackets67 
#1 ·
THE notorious soft pedal in Chevy pickups according to ssbc is master cylinder related. Of course they offer one for 300$ seem crazy money for a MC. Any suggestions to this old problem?

#3 ·
Is the brake system all stock on your pickup? What year is the truck? Other things can make for a spongy feeling brake pedal. If the system is all bled properly, a too small MC or a too high of a pedal ratio will make the brakes feel springy or spongy.

Later, mikey

#4 ·
A month after we bought our used 94' Burb, I had a new master cylinder and system flushed because the brakes just didn't feel right. Didn't make any difference. Several knowledgeable people told me that this was inherent on these early 90's trucks.

After I wrecked my 94' Burb because of the ***** brake system, I bought SSBC's master cylinder, front brake upgrade and the rear disc brakes and remove the Anti-locks. Before when you hit the pedal, it would stop when it wanted to. Now at 45 mph, it leaves 4 black skids in the road if you jam them.

I even bought one of thier master cylinders for my 95 Tahoe. It really has made a world of diffrence.

It doesn't come with a hot blonde, which is just as well. The divorce from that will cost you a lot more than $300.00 :D

#5 ·
blue jacket hit it on the nose. I two changed everything same bs pedal. The ssbc kit is awesome but OVERPRICED! Looking for a replacement mc that works better and still retain rear drums maybe i'm dreaming and the only way to have brakes is spend big cash any other suggestions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.