Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy small block fuel injection
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by trees
I installed an Edelbrock Proflo EFI on my 383 Chevy motor and put it in a 36 Ford PU. I like it. I also installed a Chevy Tuned Port EFI on a SBC 350, using OEM computer, a custom chip and Painless Wiring harness. Also like it. If I were to do another street rod, I would go with the GM LS1/LS6 motor for the following reasons: Generation 3 motors do not leak like the Generation 1: Has full roller valve train: Utilizes cal paks for ignition: Nice, smooth performance that will deliver exceptional fuel economy in comparison to carbed motors, TPI, TBI, or aftermarket units: Have the compact, cast brackets on the front of the motor for serpentine belt setup, almost a must for the restricted engine bay length of the 34 Ford or Chevy: Readily available in low mileage at a reasonable price: Plenty of after market bolt-ons, including performance chips, if you are so inclined.

Trees
All good advice. I just bought a TPI system off an IROC for my '76 Monte Carlo. EFI used to intimidate the crap out of me but once I took the plunge and really started reading up on it I can't wait to get started.