Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy starter issues...
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Google "Tunnel Ram 406"

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You have be careful when wiring the the ignition system. The reistor wire that connects to the plus side of coil is now used on the HEI will not work. You need to by-pass the resistor wire for the HEI. Another problem when you try to crank the motor, there is no 12 volts feeding through that wire. The "I" terminal takes over and feed to the plus terminal coil or the batt terminal on a HEI. I ran into street rod that had a GM steering column with the key switch on the column. He ran into a problem where he would crank the engine and it would not start right away. As soon he let go the key it started. Sure enough I put a light on the plus terminal of the coil and the light was on in the "on" mode, as soon he cranks the engine the light would go out. Turn out he did not had a wire at the "I" terminal soloniod to the coil. When I connected the "I"terminal to the coil it started running right away as soon when he cranked the engine.

Last edited by lg1969; 03-27-2012 at 03:49 PM.