Chevy Truck Fuel tank relocating - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 55
Posts: 12,678
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 615
Thanked 953 Times in 851 Posts
Originally Posted by PRHeloPilot View Post
I was thinking about using the rubber tube the original gas tank uses but when you say exhaust tubing are you talking about the metal pipes used in the muffler system?

If so I'm sure I could take it down the road to the muffler shop to have them bend a couple of pieces for me.

Yep the metal exhaust tubing. With a short rubber piece to connect it to the tank of course. I welded the tubing to the original filler tube so it was all metal down to the little "link" of rubber tubing hooking it to the tank.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2013, 08:46 AM
Registered User
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Outside of DFW, TEXAS
Posts: 138
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Good idea, I'll keep that in mind because it's cleaner than dealing with the wood trapdoor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2013, 11:11 AM
ogre's Avatar
the 'Duracell Project'
Last photo:
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Motown
Posts: 1,293
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 81 Times in 74 Posts
a short wheel base 55-59 panel or suburban tank would be the ideal solution
though i suspect they are rare as hens teeth and no one repops them
could be used with the stock filler location on the 55-59 cab
the panel tank mounts in the frame next to the drive shaft
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
89 Chevy fuel sender unstable Electrical 1 05-06-2010 06:08 PM
Gas Tank - help needed 48 chevy panel truck billymike General Rodding Tech 4 04-16-2009 09:40 PM
Looking for a 1947/1948 Chevy fuel tank 5cents Hotrodding Basics 2 12-01-2008 05:58 AM
86 Chevy c10 fuel cell help 77chevy400 Engine 2 10-13-2006 03:36 PM
fuel tank switch on Chevy 69elcaminoss General Rodding Tech 4 04-18-2004 12:27 AM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.