Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy Truck problems
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 12:32 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyCrankPot
If your just looking to get it running again, pick one up from a recycler or look on craigslist.

If your looking to get more performance, pick up a set of votec heads. They will bolt right on, but you will need to get a new intake to match the vortec heads and your EGR will no longer work. I'm told they add ~50 hp by themselves. I can't attest to that, but I can tell you I picked up a whole lot of power between them, a new cam, and bigger injectors.

Here's a link with all types of performace tips for that truck / engine.

http://tbichips.com/truckmods.htm

Good luck!

thank you for all the info/help with this project....

The truck is a 4x4 short wheel base 5 speed, i dunno the gear ratio but i should have it running by the weekend, I just need gaskets...

as far as performance is concerned, im not really worried about it, if i had time Id port the 193 castings to see if Id gain much, but it looks like the cam in these motor's are a real problem concerning performance soooo I might add a cam and a set of ported heads/larger injectors/chip later

I speacialize in small block/bigblock chevy castings as far a port work is concerned so i might take it upon myself to see what these casting are capable of... I mean i never thought the BBC oval port heads could support a 6500 rpm 496 but after extensive portwork they work great ^^ and yes they had too the person/customer was my dad >.<