Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy Volt - just so you know
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 05:14 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer
lt1silverhawk,

I think you know how I would answer your questions, but I'll wait and see how others respond.

My question to you is if you had a child that at the age of 14, he/she announced that they wanted to sail around the world by themselves, and were accomplished sailors, would you let them?

Bob
In all fairness, I don't think I can give an honest answer because I am not a parent. However, trying to put myself in the shoes of a parent, I imagine if the child can look me in the eye like an adult and tell me this is his or her future, then I imagine I would would reluctantly let him or her go.

You know what, because of a loss in my life, the reluctance would be very very high, but I wouldn't stand in the way of any child of mine who is has proven him or herself a mature grown person, regardless of the age number. Everyone needs to find his or her place in the world...

But like I said, I am not a parent, so I will never know unless/until I am in such a situation...

Last edited by lt1silverhawk; 03-04-2012 at 05:32 PM.