Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy Volt - just so you know
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 05:24 PM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last wiki edit: List of hotrodding forums
Last journal entry: Trans swap
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

@NEW INTERIORS

I'm glad you responded, but you missed the point. This was Laura's dream since her first boat that was capable at age 8. Money had nothing to do with it other than she didn't have much. When her government would not let her go on her current late model but a small 28' Hurley 800, she sold it to buy a clapped out Gin Fizz at 38'. Then she worked her hands bloody doing an extensive refit to be sea worthy. With her skills, she was at a much lower risk than 99.9% of adult cruisers plying the seas as I type. Live is not without risks, but from risk comes reward. If I assume a high risk position in the stock market, then the reward needs to justify the risk. Laura, on the other hand did not risk that much, considering her skill, but because of her age, others thought it was risky and will pay for her book. A good "win~win~win" for Laura, followed her dream, low risk (at least for her), and enough of a payday (this wasn't her intention) to allow her to start a new life in New Zealand, because she is not returning home to Holland after the government's treatment of her.

But now I'm just repeating what I have already commited to text here.....

http://tbuckets.lefora.com/2011/11/2...ages-12-to-14/

if anyone is interested in my condensed version of Laura's story. I have cruising friends that have had the pleasure of meeting her in her travels and hosting her for dinner on their much larger boats. Nick, who is also Dutch met her in Panama, and cooked a Dutch~Indian curry type of dinner that she loved aboard his Sundeer 64, S/V Jedi.

Bob