Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy Volt - just so you know
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 11:11 AM

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

My Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
I know Shine, you are right of course we aren't. And how many would it take to make an impact, who knows. But if we said "screw it" about cutting down trees we would have no national parks, if we said "screw it" about equal rights, we would have none, we have to start somewhere. You never getting one, you and may, I may never have one, that isn't going to back a big difference in the end. But I am encouraged seeing others able to and the thoughts on solar, there are a lot of ways where putting them in is free, the payment is literally less than you electric bill was. So there is this big gray area right now, I agree with you it is a LONG road ahead, what it evolves into, who knows? Who would have thought that we would be getting as many miles out of a gallon of gas with as few emissions as some 2012 cars get! Who would have thought it was possible 50 years ago?

It's an evolution, one day we won't have hair on our heads or finger nails either, but not in yours or my life time.

Brian
>> got 23 mpg with a 1953 Lincoln v/8 way back in the 50's. I remember him calculating every time he got gas. I think we should be a lot farther ahead than we are now