Chevy Volt - just so you know - Page 21 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2012, 09:42 PM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last wiki edit: List of hotrodding forums
Last journal entry: Trans swap
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

Amen to choice. I have my Swiss Army knife of hot rods, the Track-T, an electric stake bed truck, Electric Smart Car, of course an SUV, Ford diesel 4X4 Excursion, and a Cad CTS-V and a Ford Mustang that I need to sell, just don't drive it much.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 07:15 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I decided to go back to Dave's original post and then browse thru the comments this morning. Wow, what a roller coaster ride and total change of the original subject.

This didn't start off to be gas vs electric or even greenies vs wasties but for some reason it has gone there.

Therefore, I stand by my original comment - - - "anytime our Gooberment is in control of any type of business (especially one that is almost bankrupt) it can and will only get worse and cost the taxpayers more money". Their (the Gooberment) records speaks for itself.

So, if you think for one minute that "any" alternative energy source will survive our Gooberment's regulation and interference and become an economical benefit to the taxpayer, then I've got some ocean front property in West Texas I would like for you to invest in.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

Sad...But true WR.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,008 Posts
This is all very true WR, very true. I have said for years that if any large company ran like the government does, they would go out of business, still hold s true.

But also, GM is no model business and the government and them only make book ends. So it is expected that things will go goofy.

Brian
Old 03-05-2012, 08:01 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:

well the electric car is a pipe dream anyway. it would take 20 years for enough of them to be around to make any difference. in the grand scheme of things they mean nothing. for every gas car we replaced here 10 will pop up in other countries. factor in the lax regulations in other countries on industry and it is a total waste of time. china and india will drive the final nails in the coffin anyway. myself i will just stay on the farm and raise my food . i use very little fuel as it is so any greenies that show up here will get drug behind a tractor for wasting fuel to come out here and bother me....
Old 03-05-2012, 08:14 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine
i use very little fuel as it is so any greenies that show up here will get drug behind a tractor for wasting fuel to come out here and bother me....
LMAO (you got your Vidalias in yet?)

It's so sad to know that there is technology out there to benefit all of us but "our Society" has a "what's in it for me attitude" so the real purpose and benefits are never allow to come about.

If the Gooberment would have loaned the money without scratching other backs and ?if? GM would have tightened their belts and "taken care of business" then it would have been a win-win for everyone.

Ahhhhh but that's not how we operate is it???
Old 03-05-2012, 10:48 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

They announced on the news this morning that they're suspending production of the Volt and laying off 1300 employees on the Volt line. They sold 7,700 of them last year, and expected to sell 10,000, so they have a reserve of 2300 and need to sell them before building any more.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:15 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
well the electric car is a pipe dream anyway. it would take 20 years for enough of them to be around to make any difference. in the grand scheme of things they mean nothing. for every gas car we replaced here 10 will pop up in other countries. factor in the lax regulations in other countries on industry and it is a total waste of time. china and india will drive the final nails in the coffin anyway. myself i will just stay on the farm and raise my food . i use very little fuel as it is so any greenies that show up here will get drug behind a tractor for wasting fuel to come out here and bother me....
Yeah, screw it all, we waste money on cops, there's still crime, we waste money on doctors and study, people still die, it's all going to happen anyway. I am going to move out to a cabin in the woods and right a manifesto to inform everyone what is wrong because they don't see it.

Brian
Old 03-05-2012, 11:48 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:

go buy a couple then. let me know how that works out for you.

myself i'm more interested in diesel electric for commercial application and cleaner technology for industry and power. you are not going to replace the gas engine with electric in our lifetime.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:31 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
go buy a couple then. let me know how that works out for you.

myself i'm more interested in diesel electric for commercial application and cleaner technology for industry and power. you are not going to replace the gas engine with electric in our lifetime.
I know Shine, you are right of course we aren't. And how many would it take to make an impact, who knows. But if we said "screw it" about cutting down trees we would have no national parks, if we said "screw it" about equal rights, we would have none, we have to start somewhere. You never getting one, you and may, I may never have one, that isn't going to back a big difference in the end. But I am encouraged seeing others able to and the thoughts on solar, there are a lot of ways where putting them in is free, the payment is literally less than you electric bill was. So there is this big gray area right now, I agree with you it is a LONG road ahead, what it evolves into, who knows? Who would have thought that we would be getting as many miles out of a gallon of gas with as few emissions as some 2012 cars get! Who would have thought it was possible 50 years ago?

It's an evolution, one day we won't have hair on our heads or finger nails either, but not in yours or my life time.

Brian
Old 03-05-2012, 01:36 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
It's an evolution, one day we won't have hair on our heads or finger nails either, but not in yours or my life time.

Brian
I don't know.....my head is already starting to evolve!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:00 PM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last wiki edit: List of hotrodding forums
Last journal entry: Trans swap
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427
I don't know.....my head is already starting to evolve!
My head hair is evolving.....to my back.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:16 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer
My head hair is evolving.....to my back.
If that's evolution, then I am the future. Embrace it. Resistance is futile.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:03 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
And It's an evolution, one day we won't have hair on our heads or finger nails either, but not in yours or my life time.

Brian
May be right about the hair and fingernails,, but My belief is that our future generations will evolve into a race of mutants , born with 4 eyes 2 on their foreheads , as to be able to see where they may be going, and 2 more on in the same location as we know it today, as to be able to still operate the electronic gadgets, that will surely be the future, and pointed fingers to be able to more easly use the tiny keys or buttons,,
unless of course they most likely will have computers that can automatically read you mind, no need to have keys,,
Far Fetched?? maybe so in todays thinking,, but look how the human has evolved just in our lifetime,, Life is a mystery and full changes,, just like the means of transportation will change,, its already happening, like it of not,,
there are some amazing minds at work out there,, get use to it, or fade with the past,,
Old 03-05-2012, 03:28 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Rat
May be right about the hair and fingernails,, but My belief is that our future generations will evolve into a race of mutants , born with 4 eyes 2 on their foreheads , as to be able to see where they may be going, and 2 more on in the same location as we know it today, as to be able to still operate the electronic gadgets, that will surely be the future, and pointed fingers to be able to more easly use the tiny keys or buttons,,
unless of course they most likely will have computers that can automatically read you mind, no need to have keys,,
Far Fetched?? maybe so in todays thinking,, but look how the human has evolved just in our lifetime,, Life is a mystery and full changes,, just like the means of transportation will change,, its already happening, like it of not,,
there are some amazing minds at work out there,, get use to it, or fade with the past,,

Sorry, you're way out to lunch here.

Humans will grow a huge suction cup on there backside so they can glue them selves to mummys basement indefinitely.

Tags
electric car, volt

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.