Cheyenne to Silverado Front end - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2003, 05:10 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post Cheyenne to Silverado Front end

HI I was wondering if any one has ever done a Cheyenne to Silverado front end Conversion on a 88 to 98 Chevy truck. I am looking to take my 88 Chevy truck Front end which has the two single head lights and convert it over to the 95 Chevy Silverado front end with the 4 head lights. I know I have to replace the grill and all the light assembly. What I am trying to find out is what do I have to do for the wiring and if itís a something that can be done. Also any other information on the subject would be cool to Thanks.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2003, 05:46 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Last journal entry: 1988 Suburban, the project continues.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

You may also have to change out the radiator support, or if you can find out the differences in them both make alterations to yours to make the conversion work.
the wiring may be just a simplke swap out of the front body lighting harness, I would suggest looking at an electrical diagram of both trucks and also compare the plugs that pass through the firewall at the fuse panel connector.
I do all kinds of swaps on the '73-'87 truck and '73-'91 Blazer/Suburban. GM usually keeps things very simple.
Your truck would also support the front clip from the first design Cadillac Escalade if you can find the parts from the wrecking yard, otherwise this complete conversion could cost up to $1700 plus paint and labor unless you did it yourself.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:29 AM

I changed my 88 chevy into a 92 on the front end. I had the sealed single lights on the 88. Instead of modifying alot of junk, I took the whole front out [the assembly holding the radiator and ac cooler] and put one out of a 92 because the headlights wouldnt bolt up. and as far as the wires, I took the harness going to the lights and put one out of a 92. It unplugs out of the box.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:51 AM

Last journal entry: Here is the car after paint
Last photo:

I have changed several over to the quad lights. If you want to install the 94 up grill you will need the grill and lower filler that attaches to it. The headlight assemblys with the connectors for the light bulbs, any headlight assembly for 1990 and up will work. The electrial plug in you can get from lots of different GM cars and trucks. The high and low beam connectors are different. You can use your stock bumper brackets but the lower grill will be tight. When they redesigned the grill in 94 they changed the lower bumper brackets, mover them out a little bit. The light assemblys will fit in the original radiator support ( I have not run into one that did not fit yet).

You can also use a relay to turn all of the lights on when you run the lights on high.

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.