Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - chicago electric mig welder
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
They have two very different grinders and the Chicago Electric is the one I was talking about, the Drill Master models are total crap that would be lucky to last through one grinding disc! There are several others here that have had the same kind of service from those Chicago Electric grinders that I have had from mine.

Willys, I have to admit that I have never tried a HF screwdriver and I was talking about hand tools in general, of course I have not tried the wrenches, sockets and ratchets either so maybe I should not have commented on any of them. Actually I was basing my opinion on the appearance of them, the ridiculously low price, the fact they are from China (India in some cases) and the common knowledge about the quality of cheap tools in general. Still I have not tried any of them so I suppose I should not have said anything bad about them but I still can't see me buying or recommending HF hand tools even to the hobbyist. I have a bunch of gadgets from HF and some that I have mentioned have been worth far more than they cost and overall I have had really good luck with the things I have bought from there but then I am real picky about what I buy.
Have to pick and choose for sure. Eg., the adjustable wrenches are not too good, soft jaws and sloppy fit. However the screwdrivers as I said and surprisingly the open and box end wrenches are very good. I have both and as I say they stand right up there with the Craftsman/Kobalt, etc., class of tool.