Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - chicago electric mig welder
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 09:18 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselherb
I just bought a 220V Dual mig from HF love it! I had a 110 mig from Astro for years then burnt it up trying to weld alot(duty cycle was 10-15%) This 220 is great, you can weld sheetmetal all day long. Wire speed is the only think odd about it. I paid $188 with coupon, long way from a Miller or Lincoln. They give you 30 days if you don't like it return it for a refund. I was going to do use that, but it does a great job for me and their tech line is very helpful.

As I have mentioned here before I have a buddy who bought the "duel Mig" from HF and like you he is quite pleased with it. He has had this thing for several years now and it is holding up just fine so maybe this particular model from HF may not be such a dud like some of the rest of them. If someone buys an $80 dollar Mig and it doesn't last a week the usual response is that all HF Migs must be junk, which very well may be true. This particular one however costs in the neighborhood of $250 and seems to be a lot better than the cheapest ones they have which seems to be the case for a lot of HF tools. I still would be very hesitant to recommend one of these things based on just a couple of good experiences but if the price means the difference between owning a welder or doing without then it might be worth the risk, before going so far as to recommend one however I would like to see a couple of more satisfied owners.