Chicken abuse scandel - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2004, 11:10 AM
At a loss for words

Wiki Edits: 0

Chicken abuse scandel

So, is it just me or does anyone else sense the irony in this whole thing? PETA is mad about the treatment of chickens at a slaughterhouse! Isn't the sole purpose of these places to kill chickens? Now, I'm an avid hunter and fisherman and I'm all about a quick and human kill. But come on! PETA is getting a little ridiculous with this. It would kind of be like the big three auto manufacturers complaining about the treatment of their vehicles in junkyards.

Am I cruel and heartless? Am I way off base here?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2004, 11:12 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

CAreful ! I belong to PETA

People
Eatin'
Tasty
Animals

They need something to occupy their time ! Like a JOB !
Old 07-23-2004, 11:18 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

GIRLY MEN have to have something to pee and moan about.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:59 AM

Last photo:

I wonder who it is at PETA that communicates with the chickens to get a better understanding of the suffering they endure before being gnawed up by a starving hillbilly.

Ask the people on death row if sending them on a vacation to a tropical island with all the booze drugs and disgustingly slutty women they can have would make them feel any different about what awaited them at the end of it. Sure they'd like it, but it would cost more and they'd stiil be dead.

Damn greenies need to get a life and stop bothering normal people.

Larry
Old 07-23-2004, 01:28 PM
Kenneth Howard hates me...

Last journal entry: Engine mock up
Last photo:

Slaughter?.......Chickens?...........I thought they were raised in the form of Mc Nuggets???

PETA people drive me crazy, Here in Michigan we have a "Hunters Harrasement Law" because they were going out into the woods, banging pot and pans together, to scare the deer away from us hunters. I guess letting them starve to death over the winter was helping them? Truely f'd up people.......

C
Old 07-23-2004, 02:14 PM

Last photo:

PETA....Chicken chokers

I don't know about PETA ........But, they will never stop me from haveing MY WAY with chicken's........They will have to pry that chicken neck from my cold....dead hands......
Quote:
I CANT GET ALL OF THE FEATHERS OUT OF MY PANTS.......
Old 07-23-2004, 02:22 PM

Yep!! Still Hickrodders.com
Old 07-23-2004, 02:34 PM
At a loss for words

Re: PETA....Chicken chokers

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS SMILEY
But, they will never stop me from haveing MY WAY with chicken's........
Ummmm........ They weren't doing those kinds of things to the chickens!

Quote:
Originally posted by Indian
Yep!! Still Hickrodders.com
Easy there hippie. They're just chickens.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:42 PM

Last photo:

Chicken chokers of America....UNITE!!!!

Quote:
I HAVE SHAKE-IN-BAKE IN MY PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whoops......Sorry, 1meancuda. I thought someone caught me...
Old 07-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Missing You

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by fat50
I guess letting them starve to death over the winter was helping them?
No kidding. I don't understand their reasoning. I bet when the deer population got out of control and the deer are eating up all their gardens and smashing their electric hybrid cars because there's entirely too many deer in one place, maybe their tune would change.

PETA are the same freaks that plant bombs and boobie trap off-road trails because they whine about the off-roaders.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

I'm not one to stand behind a lot of the bleeding hearts like PETA but I can see their point. Before everyone goes shooting off their mouth did anyone see or read the actual article or just hear bits and pieces? While the chickens were still alive the ones in the slaughterhouse would rip the chickens beaks off, slam the chickens up against the wall, spit tobacco down the chickens throat, etc. I sure as in the hell don't really want to be eating anything some SOB has spit tobacco into. They are not so much against KFC for killing the chickenns but for the inhumane way that it is done. Lob the head off and get it over with. Bo reason to go torture any animal just because it is going to be killed later on. Check some of the video http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video....o=pilgrims_web

On July 20, 2004, PETA released the results of an undercover investigation into a KFC chicken slaughterhouse in Moorefield, W.Va., where workers were caught on video stomping birds, kicking them, and slamming them against floors and walls. Workers ripped the animals' beaks off, twisted their heads off, spat tobacco into their eyes and mouths, spray-painted their faces, and tied their legs together for "laughs."

The investigation was conducted at this location because it was the site of a KFC "Supplier of the Year" award ceremony, and PETA wanted to see the "best" that a KFC supplier had to offer. This slaughterhouse is run by Pilgrim's Pride, the second-largest chicken company in the U.S., after Tyson Foods.

Animal-welfare experts are in agreement that the cruelty at this KFC supplier is reprehensible. Colorado State University professor of animal science, biomedical sciences, and philosophy, university distinguished professor, and university bioethicist Dr. Bernard Rollin writes, "I can unequivocally state that the behavior I saw exemplified in [this] videotape was totally unacceptable. The tape showed evidence of a work force that apparently failed to recognize that chickens are living sentient beings capable of feeling pain and distress." Dr. Temple Grandin, perhaps the industry's leading farmed-animal welfare expert, writes, "The behavior of the plant employees was atrocious," and asserts that even though she has toured poultry facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, France, the Netherlands, and the U.K., the video showed "the WORST employee behavior I have ever seen in a poultry plant." University of Guelph professor of applied ethology and university chair in animal welfare Dr. Ian Duncan writes, "This tape depicts scenes of the worst cruelty I have ever witnessed against chickens. and it is extremely hard to accept that this is occurring in the United States of America." University of California at Davis School of Veterinary Medicine graduate and avian veterinarian Dr. Laurie Siperstein-Cook writes, "In NO case can the behavior of the workers be considered a necessary or acceptable way of killing or stunning chickens."
Old 07-23-2004, 04:06 PM
At a loss for words

Again, I'm all for a quick and humane kill. My main gripe is, what the heck business does PETA have going to a slaughterhouse? They know what is going to happen there. These chickens are raised for one purpose: to go on you sandwich or into a bucket for you to eat. I agree that people shouldn't be spitting tobacco into the chickens. I just have a hard time believing that PETA has nothing better to do that visit a slaughterhouse.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:39 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

For one that is what they were intentionally set up to do. Although they have so many members now that things get out of control. Like when they wanted people to quit fishing because the hook would hurt the fishes mouths when caught. Yea, they now go to extremes. But something like that with the chickens I am glad they get involved. Call me whatever but I think that anytime any animal is killed it ought to be done in the fastest way possible. Not by stomping the animal, and everything else just so you could have a few laughs. Sure the chickens are going to be eaten. That is what they were raised for. But I sure don't want my drumstick or wing all bashed, broken, etc. when I get it. Just ask yourself if you would do the same thing if that was your business. I know I wouldn't. I would want to give the customer the best product I could. An you can't say that they can't get any better help than that because all it takes is someone to oversee the operation. Hell if those guys were doing their job they wouldn't have time to be screwing around. That's just like deer hunting. I would much rather see more rifles allowed than bows all for the fact that many a deer die a slow death because the hunter has wounded it with an arrow and the deer is outta there. Quite a few of the hunters won't track the deer so it eventually dies somewhere else. PETA is good up to a certain point then you start getting the people that takes their job waayyyy to seriously.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:16 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by 1meancuda
Again, I'm all for a quick and humane kill. My main gripe is, what the heck business does PETA have going to a slaughterhouse? They know what is going to happen there. These chickens are raised for one purpose: to go on you sandwich or into a bucket for you to eat. I agree that people shouldn't be spitting tobacco into the chickens. I just have a hard time believing that PETA has nothing better to do that visit a slaughterhouse.
Thats their job, if the animals about to be killed are being treated in a unnecessarily cruel fashion why are you complaining about something being done about it? There is more than one way to run a slaughter house.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

In the words of my dad:

"If ya weren't meant to eat animals, why do they keep makin' 'em out of meat?!"

K

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.