Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   Chinese street rod parts in the catalogs from the big boys in rodding parts. (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/chinese-street-rod-parts-catalogs-big-boys-rodding-parts-176785.html)

MARTINSR 04-23-2010 01:37 PM

Chinese street rod parts in the catalogs from the big boys in rodding parts.

Yep, Speedway and the like are FULL of Chinese made parts. I personally refuse to use them. I am building a Chevy not a 1948 Zhing Zhing!

The thought of a Chinese made batwing or billet overflow tank on my car makes my skin crawl!

Brian

matt167 04-23-2010 02:46 PM

the overflow tank I had on my Falcon had a USA sticker on it.. but it was stainless steel...

theres a few ebay companies that sell hand/ USA made batwings, and just about any bracket you may need.. 1 even custom makes brackets and the prices on them are competitive with Speedway..

I will end up buying a front end kit and most likely a brake kit from Speedway.

Shelby1 04-23-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Yep, Speedway and the like are FULL of Chinese made parts. I personally refuse to use them. I am building a Chevy not a 1948 Zhing Zhing!

The thought of a Chinese made batwing or billet overflow tank on my car makes my skin crawl!

Brian

Brian this is exactly why I try to make/build everything I possibly can.....well one of the reasons ,that and save my money to buy what I can't build,and when I do buy I do my dam best to buy products made in the US or Canada.
And while we are on this ,I saw on the CBS national news last night how this country's gov and business's computer networks are under constant attack from hackers both individual and gov sponsored from around the world.they stated that the Pentagon fends off 3.5 million hits A DAY!! .they also told that there are complete company's that have been hacked and built overseas(China was one with multiple factories ) right down to the pressures used to run operating machinery . R& D in these country's use to mean Receive & duplicate.....now they just hack into a company's data base and print out any prints that they want and build it.
Kenny

BOBCRMAN@aol.com 04-23-2010 03:53 PM

Made in USA is fast disappearing. The Government regs and Tree huggers have made economical large scale manufacturing in the US almost impossible.

I see it everyday, even at little guy level.

302 Z28 04-23-2010 04:18 PM

And the tag "Made in USA" may not really mean made in USA any longer.

Vince

Jon 04-23-2010 04:23 PM

Not sure if you guys already knew this, but even a "Made in the USA" label doesn't provide assurance that a product was indeed manufactured in America.

The numbers can be spun such that if a certain percentage of the total cost of bringing a product to market (manufacturing, advertising, marketing) originated in US markets, it can be labeled as "Made" in the USA. So, a product can actually be manufactured in China, but still labeled as "Made in the USA".

At least with an accurate country-of-origin labeling system, consumers can make accurate purchasing choices. The ability to spin that data removes that choice from the consumer, and, in some cases, deceives him into thinking that he's supporting the local national economy, when, in fact, he's supporting another.

See this thread for more details, and how Eaton Compressor threatened legal action to try to force me into handing over the identity of a forum member who mentioned that their compressors were manufactured in China.

JeffB 04-23-2010 04:37 PM

Not all "bad news"

About a month ago on a news show they interviewed a scrap yard owner in New Jersey one of the questions asked was"who is buying your scrap ?" The answer was "at least 85% is in barges on the way to China" they then showed the containers being loaded.Well since our government watchdogs decided that melting steel and other metals polluted the atmosphere here most of the mills in this country are closed up and gone along with the jobs.Last night on the ABC news they showed we have reduced industrial pollution 14-18% in the last 20 years.So now the polution is in China, and we get bargain prices on stuff made from "good old USA scrap" :confused:

Centerline 04-23-2010 04:40 PM

Yep, we have regulated (EPA) and taxed ourselves almost entirely out of the manufacturing business. We have become a nation of consumers and not producers. The next time you're in WalMart just grab anything off any shelf in the store and you have a 90% chance that it'll say "Made in China" on it.... and Wallyworld isn't the only place. Just about everywhere including, God forbid, your local Napa store. Even they carry some parts made by the Chicoms. They ordered a coil for me not long ago and when it arrived the box said "Made in China". I told them I wouldn't accept it so they got me a real Mopar performance parts blue coil. You've got to check everything now days, even our dog's Iams brand canned food was recalled a year or so ago due to tainted wheat purchased from the Chicoms... our neighbor's dog died from it.

Eaton's problem was that they were trying to hide the fact that their compressors were made by the Chicoms. They would have been much better off explaining their quality control requirements and why they insure their compressors are just as good as anyone else's.... but they chose the slimy route instead.

1ownerT 04-23-2010 05:19 PM

Greed is as much to blame as the EPA, Tree Hugger's, Taxes, etc.

Hwyhogg 04-23-2010 06:29 PM

Check this out....a couple of years ago my wife and I attended her son's completion of boot camp ceremony. When we went into the store (on base) to buy some good 'ol USA caps, shirts etc. NOT even ONE item bearing our flag or any other patriotic items were made IN USA. How's that for irony...the very things we buy to show support for our troops end up benefitting a country most of the world fears. I'm currently looking for a site that lists products of any kind that are TRULY made in USA...any help?
Honestly, I'm more upset with US than any other country....after all, WE put ourselves in this position....oh well, God Bless America!

MARTINSR 04-23-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hwyhogg
Check this out....a couple of years ago my wife and I attended her son's completion of boot camp ceremony. When we went into the store (on base) to buy some good 'ol USA caps, shirts etc. NOT even ONE item bearing our flag or any other patriotic items were made IN USA. How's that for irony...the very things we buy to show support for our troops end up benefitting a country most of the world fears. I'm currently looking for a site that lists products of any kind that are TRULY made in USA...any help?
Honestly, I'm more upset with US than any other country....after all, WE put ourselves in this position....oh well, God Bless America!

Simply google "Made in the USA products".

Here is one of the first ones that come up.
http://www.americansworking.com/

Brian

Hwyhogg 04-23-2010 08:59 PM

doh! yes that new fangled google thingy :D ..lol...thanks for the head slap :spank:

themustang4u93 11-02-2011 10:04 AM

Made in the USA, llc

And whats also happening is companies over seas buys a usa company, and than the profits and rights are now theirs.. And still a usa company..