Hot Rod Forum banner

"Chip Guard" Product

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  nick62877 
#1 ·
Anyone heard or used the product "Chip Guard"? I was advised it can be used for restoring the plastic for center console frames. Using the "clear" type, it rebuilds the pattern.
Does anyone know who makes this product and where it can be purchased.
Also, advised to use a scuff pad to help with the restoration, what type of scuff pad and where do you purchase it? Thanks in Advance...

#2 ·
the chip guard and scuff pads can be gotten at an automotive paint store. there are several different chip guards available in the spray can variety. i usually go with the 3m. they have a lighter textured one and a heavier textured one. it depends on the finish you're trying to duplicate. there are also several different grades or coarseness of scuff pads , depending on what material you are working with and what you are trying to accomplish. also if you are working with a bare plastic substrate , i would recommend using an adhesion promotor for the bare plastic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.