Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Choices, Choices..... I need opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2004, 09:22 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Exclamation Choices, Choices..... I need opinions

OK, I have this Deuce 3 window project. All new glass body, doors hung, latches installed, power windows from the factory. New frame stampings, Speedway tubular crossmember kit, complete chrome Pete & Jakes front suspension with their ladder bar transverse spring rear end including front disk brakes and a Ford 9" rear (that needs to be narrowed). This project is sitting in my garage and will be tackled next once I'm finished with the '53 Hemi powered Chevy pickup. Unless........

I have a chance to pick up a '64 Dodge 440 2 door factory big block 4 speed car from the original owner. The car needs a complete restoration but has been a southern car all its life so there is actually minimal rust. The only mods to the car since new are a switch to a 4 bbl. manifold and dual exhaust. It has 170K miles and starts and drives nice but needs brake work to be road worthy. This is the same body style the Ramcharges ran in 64 and even though its a numbers matching car (and I would never get rid of the 383 thats in it) this car would be outstanding with a crate 426 hemi under the hood.

Now the dilemma. I really can't do both projects so I have to make a choice. Stick with the Deuce (there are thousands of them out there) or go for the Dodge (which is a rare car now days). If I go for the Dodge I'd sell the deuce and my 3 spare hemis. What do you guys think?

Centerline