After posting I went back out to the shop and decided to just pull the manifold and run it through the sandblaster - so I got a good look at what's underneath. Also, I got the nuts off with a little more coaxing so all is well with that. Turns out only two of the bolts in the picture secure the plate - not four. The other two are manifold bolts - which I found out the hard way when the manifold wouldn't budge after I removed all the other bolts. There are two just like it on the other side of the manifold. But they are really deceptive. They have a smaller head and are at an odd angle compared with all the other manifold bolts. Anyhow, looks like I''m out of the woods on this one.
Always learning...and sharing what I've learned.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.