Hot Rod Forum banner

Choosing a colour

907 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TurboS10 
#1 ·
Is there anywhere online where I can check out colours for my truck (which is being repainted this week :D ). Which was vandalized a couple weeks ago.

I was going to add a colour even before the vandals wrecked the Orange, which is going back on the truck. I wanted to add a deep Purple 1" above the bodyline. I just can't choose a Purple. And the books that you look through are crappy, they only show very few factory colours. By the way the Orange is 1970 AMC "Big Bad Orange".

Or even a suggestion on a purple you've seen on another vehicle.

I know it sounds wierd but I once saw a '41 Willy's painted these colours and it looked great. I also know my truck is no '41 Willy's (which can make any colours look cool) but I think It'll look cool. So I have wanted this combo for a long time. Any help is appreciated.

bonuts

#2 ·
Try this company. They sell entire color books, or will email a particular color chip. Since paint color is so critical and won't be 'true' online, I recommend spending a few bucks and seeing the color chips in person.

Hope this helps.

<a href="http://www.autobodysupply.net/houseofcolor/houseof.htm" target="_blank">www.autobodysupply.net/houseofcolor/houseof.htm</a>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.