Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - chop -- 2 questions
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 09:48 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

I've been 'cutting it up' in GIMP since before disassembling the thing and I still can't make up my mind which way I like it best. Today while eating lunch, I (photo)sectioned it 4" -- borrowing Nightfire's word, it was a hideousity. (attached)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets cut it up
Your car would NOT look right with a top drop. It needs to be chopped like you would do a 49-50 merc.
Yeah, the more I look at that '50 Pontiac, the more I'm convinced that's the way the Olds would look its best. Full rear window leaned forward; chopped windshield and side glass; move the rear vent backwards to maintain some of its size. A 2" section to go with a 2" chop might look good. I don't much care for the skirts, though. Never liked the typical taildragger look usually put on the Mercs, either, I like either low all around or rake it forward.

I'm going to rework the photo to imitate some of Flop's work on the Pontiac and alter the rear fenders.

I appreciate the feedback from everybody on this. It helps to get ideas as well as seeing actual chops.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	49-section-4.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	28389