Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chop the top on my 1947 Ford Pickup
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 12:16 PM
car enthusiast

Last journal entry: Future Build: 1927 Dodge 5 window coupe
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
Another way is to "glue" your glass in with an edge moulding ,they come in many different widths and not use the big fat seal at all. The way theyre done today
Do you have any pictures of the glued in windshields? The one on this ford is a 2 piece windshield, that's why i felt the angle that i currently have in the pillar is still doable. I know too that i cut to high up into the curve, but it is a little late to recut. So i am going to make the best of this and like someone stated earlier, i will move onto other parts of the top fabrication and then move back to the windshield pillars....Since this is my first ever chop, i honestly think it isn't looking to bad and will not be perfect. With the tips i have just received on the backing plates and plug welds, i now know how i will line up the back of the cab for welding and the top of the roof. I just went and bought some little self tapping screws too, so i can pull the backing plate flush to the original metal and start my welding. Your guys help is greatly appreciated and with the knowledge i am gaining from this build, i think i may end up being a decent fabricator for these old cars.