Choppers - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2005, 06:11 AM
Engine Torque & Chopper Squad

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Choppers

Hey guys.

Im new here and have to say im loving what i have read, i have a big passion for Hotrods.

Just wanted to let people know i have a site also, but im just trying to get a big community of people who love Chopper motorcycles. If you think this is something that will be interesting to you then please join us, i would greatly appreciate it.

www.enginetorque.cjb.net

Kind Regards

Shane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

I love motorcycles and well as hot rods but I don't have a chopper.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:55 PM

Last photo:

Thats ok mate, i dont have a chopper either, i have a VTR1000 motorcycle . But yeah if you have an interest in choppers it would be great to have you with us, we are going to be a great community.

Thanks

Shane
Old 04-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Personally, I think the Chopper craze is so commercialized, I wouldn't want to ride one, because everybody has a bike now days.

Heck, there are a bunch of fat, bald, unemployed guys on disablity that ride together in my town. I call them the "Sons of Celibacy" motorcycle club.

Too many ignoramous "biker buildoff" shows too.

Nothing is for the little guy anymore. It's all commercialized, oversaturated and it pisses me off.

Hotrods and Choppers are supposed to be for rebels, not lawyers and businessmen.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:03 PM

Last journal entry: almost ready to go in
Last photo:

Let me see

HZ 350. could you br a Holden Monaro fan by any chance?

Craig
Old 04-11-2005, 05:26 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassik100
Let me see

Craig
ahaha yep i sure am a Holden Monaro fan Im very impressed by your knowledge there, are you a fan too?

To Nairb

Im of the opinion that Hotrods and Choppers are for no particular group of sociaty, I welcome anyone to take up the same love of this great hobby we have, telling someone they cant be apart of hotrods or choppers because they are not rebels is childish. If people have genuine interest then i support them, whether they are over paid lawyers or hard working road workers really has no bearing on it for me. Personally i think the whole outlaw scene is a joke, guys pretending to be tough and really just being social parrisites because they are accepted in riding with a gang is ridiculous and pathetic. As for some of the shows, i dont have any problem what so ever with them, man if you like watching better homes and gardens, or big brother ... a bunch of lay abouts with nothing better to do then no problem, but there are people that enjoy seeing bikes and cars being built. Its a shame to see narrow mindedness.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:28 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassik100
Let me see

Craig
LMAO i just saw your from Melbourne. Of course you would know what a HZ350 was, haha .. take care bud.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:57 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hz350
ahaha yep i sure am a Holden Monaro fan Im very impressed by your knowledge there, are you a fan too?

To Nairb

Im of the opinion that Hotrods and Choppers are for no particular group of sociaty, I welcome anyone to take up the same love of this great hobby we have, telling someone they cant be apart of hotrods or choppers because they are not rebels is childish. If people have genuine interest then i support them, whether they are over paid lawyers or hard working road workers really has no bearing on it for me. Personally i think the whole outlaw scene is a joke, guys pretending to be tough and really just being social parrisites because they are accepted in riding with a gang is ridiculous and pathetic. As for some of the shows, i dont have any problem what so ever with them, man if you like watching better homes and gardens, or big brother ... a bunch of lay abouts with nothing better to do then no problem, but there are people that enjoy seeing bikes and cars being built. Its a shame to see narrow mindedness.

Actually, I'm not into the hippie, outlaw biker thing either. I'm just not into the bike scene period. I swear that everyone and their brother has a Harley Davidson motorcycle. I was making a point that alot of these guys think bikes make them cool. They don't.

Nothing at all wrong with bikes if that's what turns your crank. I'm just not buying into the craze, and how many biker build off shows can they make. How many different ways can you make a Chopper? There's just not much too them. A frame, two fenders, a tank and motor, two wheels and a few skulls.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:55 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIRB
Actually, I'm not into the hippie, outlaw biker thing either. I'm just not into the bike scene period. I swear that everyone and their brother has a Harley Davidson motorcycle. I was making a point that alot of these guys think bikes make them cool. They don't.

Nothing at all wrong with bikes if that's what turns your crank. I'm just not buying into the craze, and how many biker build off shows can they make. How many different ways can you make a Chopper? There's just not much too them. A frame, two fenders, a tank and motor, two wheels and a few skulls.
Fair enough, i understand what your saying, and i think you make good points. Im 22 years old, so im dont profess to know everything there is to know about choppers, but i have raced motocross since i was a child, and have loved the unique style the chopper has, in fact i love the old school probably more than the new stuff, micky roukes chopper is something that i appreciate greatly, not to mention people like Von Dutch and Indian Larry (RIP). so while the chopper thing may be in at the moment, myself and the person im doing this site with have loved them a lot longer that what you might think. As for biker shows, in Australia we only have American Chopper. So if you have to much of it on over there then maybe complaining to your TV and cable firms is a more usefull place to point out the problem.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Last photo:

We have a restored area of town in Beaumont, Texas that has a few eating places a dance hall and some clubs. The Harley riders have made the area a hangout on the weekends. A few weeks ago the wife and I went to one of the eating establishments on a Saturday evening. There were the usual amount of Harleys in front on the blocked off street. What was really funny was when we got inside and there was a big group of Harley riders with their women sitting at a few tables that had been pulled together. They were all adorned with the required black leather, head du rags, and all the other Harley stuff. I commented to my wife as we were led to table that it looked like the bar scene from Star Wars. The young lady showing us to our table almost tripped she was laughing so hard.

I also think the chopper shows have run their usefull lives. They are so much soap opera it isn't even funny any longer. American Hot Rod and Boyd is almost to that point after watching the most absurd episode I have ever seen last evening.

I am not an anti biker, it's just that I have been through that phase of my life and do not care to return. Especially since that lady in the Chevy pickup turned left in front of my Golwing in 2001.

Vince
Old 04-13-2005, 03:22 AM

Last photo:

Hey Vince

hehe i could imagine that scene in the resturant, star wars lmao , Yep i can understand that, i really dont like a lot of the harley riders like that, they stick with each other and many here wont even talk to anyone that rides anything but a harley, plain stupid, thats why i hope the chopper scene will allow the general public to get involved in the same way they do with hotrods. HEHE maybe you guys live in the wrong country, move to Australia! we have hotrods and the only chopper show on TV is American Chopper, sounds right up your alley , people go through diferent stages of life and bikes are not for everyone i respect that . Im just new here, i love Hotrods and Choppers, and im sure there are others here that share both interest, i just wished on letting a few people know that i wanted to create a community where people who loved choppers and hotrods could talk, without annoying those of you that are past the chopper faze.

Thanks

Shane

www.enginetorque.cjb.net
Old 04-14-2005, 02:40 AM

Last photo:

I subscribed to your forum- will try to get some pics on there!

I have my race car, my street car, and two bikes.

I plan on putting the Z1 up for sale when it is finished, but if it does not sell, it will become a "chopper". I have an extra frame, and am going to have the neck chopped and welded back on with a 5 degree rake, get some forks by frank (Forking by Frank) and put on my aftermarket rear swing arm and mags. With a custom tank and some cool handle bars, with billet stuff all over it- it will have the chopper custom look without the harley price, V-twin or boutique status.

I personally don't like V-twins, of any make, not just harley or whatever, much rather use an old inline or V-4 and make gobs of reliable power as well!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mybike3.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	4647   Click image for larger version

Name:	da crew.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	4648   Click image for larger version

Name:	me&car.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	4649  
Old 04-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last wiki edit: Compression test
Last journal entry: August 9, part III
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

/\he lives in freezing Alaska and has a great big tent-garage. Works on his stuff in winter, too. Now that's a hotrodder.

I'm not into the "let's build a chopper in a week" thing, it's bs. They should have shows and show how to do those modifications and fabricate stuff. They also need to observe safety procedures (wear gloves while welding, stuff like that).

The other day I picked up an ancient Schwinn frame and I plan on making a "rat bike" out of it. Think "rat rod" but a lot cheaper and powered by matt. It's going to be primer black/gray and this old war vet down the street, I think he knows the lost art of hand pinstriping . Maybe he'll teach me.
-matt
Old 04-14-2005, 11:37 PM

Last photo:

Ya, building a chopper in a week is fine if you have a paid 24/7 chopper crew, 25000 sq ft shop withe every metal fab tool on the planet, and the ear of very parts store in the US and abroad, instead of, you know, ebay, a tent, a couple of buddies and weeknights LOL
Old 04-15-2005, 06:22 AM

Last photo:

Thanks for joining

Yeah i agree with you, choppers are not harleys, they are a style of their own, a lot people seem to forget this. The set up your going for would be far more powerfull and reliable than any harley thats for sure. Very nice pics, your car looks fantastic .

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.