Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - chops & glass cutting
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,117 Posts
Please don't ask what a chop costs, the info you get is is just useless. My 60 year old 2 bedroom 1 bath home on a little lot is "worth" $575,000, a bodyman in this area makes about $30.00 an hour plus full benifits. The shop rate around here is about $70.00 with mechanical at $90.00. The property that the shop I work at is propably worth three to four million dollars.

The price to chop a top here is not going to do you a bit of good. A better question would be, "Where can I get a top chopped in GA?"

Then call the shop and ask how much it is.

The front glass on that is no big deal, yes it is curved but no big deal. The back is tempered and for all practical purposes is impossible to cut. It will likely be left in original size and "Laid down" to fit the chop.

The side glass is all flat and most any shop can cut it for you out of new glass.

You DO NOT want some shop to chop the top and send you off looking for glass. The cutting and fitting of the glass is PART OF the top chop and the shop should handle it all.

Brian