Hot Rod Forum banner

Vote Now For Hotrodders Christmas Blowout Art Contest 2010

• 57 Corvette "Santa's T-Bucket" / "Child's 55 Pickup Surprise" / "Santa's 34 Street Rod"

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Brickyard Boy "Santa's Snowed In" and "Santa's El Camino Christmas"

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Fortypickup "Led Sled Christmas"

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Kenmo "Santa's New Sleigh"

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Only Racing "Santa's Lil Helper III Snomad"

Votes: 2 16.7%

Christmas Blowout,Voting Starts Now, Hotrodders Art Contest Christmas Theme 2010

16K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Only Racing 
#1 · (Edited)
Now that the Christmas Season is over and we head into the New Year, I personally would like to thank all the artists that have been involved in this awesome Hotrodders.com Artwork Contest. All of them through the years have been innovative, creative and inspirational to a great many to attempt and involve themselves in this series put together solely for the purpose of visual entertainment of all art forms.

We begin the ending of 2010 with the voting session beginning now continuing for 5 days when the poll will close automatically and a new year’s winner will be confirmed. There have been many over the last three years so please make sure you stop in and vote for your favorite Christmas Theme, Art is always in the eye of the beholder, remember it is what YOU see that makes it artwork and all have done a great job in capturing the season.

Artists work begins with the posting date setting the ladder for the voting array. Some artists have added larger images for better detail as what you see have been made smaller for the web and faster page loading. There is a link or ( Links ) available below the smaller image.

To all that played in this contest, good luck, happy New Year and thank you for a very complete year of great art!!

Voting Starts Now See All Images Below And VOTE !!

1 ) 57Corvette
Rat Rod Studios

Bob or as we know him member "57corvette" of Rat Rod Studios again gives us a talented set of images with his marked style. All of the images portray his Christmas outlook in this very interesting style, his blending, use of cutting images and implanting them into a scene is clearly his strong points in all his work. looking close you see reflections, depth of field and more as if it was a real photograph yet is it digital manipulation at its best for his end of the year reign on supremacy in these contests.

Bob "57Corvette" has Three Images Included and an HTML animated page

Vote For Number 1 "Santa's T-Bucket" / "Child's 55 Pickup Surprise" / "Santa's 34 Street Rod"

View Artists Larger Image In Link Below
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/57-corvette-santas-tbucket.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/57-corvette-childs-christmas-55.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/57-corvette-santas-34-roadster.jpg

HTML animated page
http://www.ratrodstudios.com/christmas2010/ratrodchristmas.html

2 ) brickyardboy
Streetbeasts lawsuit donor

Member "Brickyard Boy" is somewhat of a rarity these days using the pen, pencil and paper in the contests. When most are sitting at a computer figuring the image to be created his work is fashioned for a pad and an art desk. Color usage, textures and an open style not limited to that of digital shapes takes its rightful place among the images entered for another year of hard work with great success.

Member "Brickyard Boy" has Two Images Included
Vote For Number 2 "Santa's Snowed In" and "Santa's El Camino Christmas"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/brickyardboy-santas-el-camino.jpg

3 ) fortypickup
Wolf in Hot Rodders upholstery

Forty's mastery of the illustration technique is second to none when it comes to line art and color choice. Looking closely at his work reveals a simplistic yet detailed amount of proper lighting, shading and flowing lines matching his already crisp lines that only a seasoned illustrator can accomplish. We have all realized this mans potential as one of the best illustrators around even in his spare time, his creations are extremely worthy of the merits.

Vote For Number 3 "Led Sled Christmas"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/fortypickup-led-sled-christmas.jpg

4 ) KENMO
Small Block Chevys Rule!!!

Member "Kenmo" has become a somewhat "Jack of all trades" when dealing with computer programs to generate his images, I counted over 7 programs mentioned to create this image seen here. His talents have given him the opportunity to create lifelike works from the blending of images into a final program which he states was finished off in a Photoshop plug in called Topaz Adjust usually used for HDR photographers. As some know, HDR gives depth, color enhancement control and a definition only one looking for his image to "Fly Out" at you can get in the final product.

Vote For Number 4 "Santa's New Sleigh" by Kenmo

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/kenmo-santas-new-sleigh.jpg

5 ) Only Racing
On The Ragged Edge
Streetbeasts lawsuit donor

Only Racing figured he's continue his tradition of the Santa's Lil Helper Series III with the "55 Snomad", starting from an image, traced, colored over and simply applying styles to the cut parts with some shading and airbrushing to basic shapes it came together at the last minute with the addition of real images laid into the background. This style of Photoshop is extremely easy to duplicate for or by anyone possessing a layer style program. I'd like to thank Vince DiRose plus Stanley & Weiss Racing for adding the supercharged warrior inspiration, two wicked cars combined into one.

Vote For Number 5 "Santa's Lil Helper III Snomad"

View Artists Larger Image In Links Below

5X7 Printable Christmas Card 200DPI
http://content.godragracing.org/hotrodders-snomad-5x7.jpg

Standard 1024X768 Wallpaper For The Computer
http://content.godragracing.org/hotrodders-snomad-1024.jpg

Widescreen Monitor 1440X960 Wallpaper
http://content.godragracing.org/hotrodders-snomad-1440.jpg

See less See more
#5 ·
Bill, Mark, thank you guys and happy new year! Looks like it was a close race again this month and everyone received some votes...... pretty cool. I was thinking for this month about a 1950's Rock and Roll blowout. Any image that depicts the time of Elvis, Buddy Holley and American Bandstand. Cool Chevy's or low riding Mercs. Any car, any year as long as it makes you think of American Graffiti. Hope that works for everyone ........

#7 ·
I have been away for a while but wanted to let you guys know how much I enjoy checking out your art.. Great stuff everyone, I can't believe only 12 voters out of all the people who visit the site :( . If there were only a way to get more involved in both the drawing and voting. :thumbup: Keep it up ! Congrats to Bob. American Graffiti Is cool. Good call

#8 ·
57Corvette said:
Bill, Mark, thank you guys and happy new year! Looks like it was a close race again this month and everyone received some votes...... pretty cool. I was thinking for this month about a 1950's Rock and Roll blowout. Any image that depicts the time of Elvis, Buddy Holley and American Bandstand. Cool Chevy's or low riding Mercs. Any car, any year as long as it makes you think of American Graffiti. Hope that works for everyone ........
Bob gets the call on this one, look for a new topic for January's Art Contest "Fifties Rock And Roll Era Rides".

Fast 4 Door said:
I have been away for a while but wanted to let you guys know how much I enjoy checking out your art.. Great stuff everyone, I can't believe only 12 voters out of all the people who visit the site :( . If there were only a way to get more involved in both the drawing and voting. :thumbup: Keep it up ! Congrats to Bob. American Graffiti Is cool. Good call
Hey fast, I'm also concerned about the voting and participants, I am personally responsible for missing quite a few myself, yet this is a large audience, and Jon's search methods and how I label this stuff is easily found on the net. I think the ressurgence of Face Book has taken away from forums as of late. I said I would never have one of those facebook things yet I did it, I find nothing as a business but most of the forums these days are pretty dead since I deal mostly in drag racing. This is one forum I read almost everyday. I do hope the count gets larger and more people play.

#9 ·
Only Racing said:
Bob gets the call on this one, look for a new topic for January's Art Contest "Fifties Rock And Roll Era Rides".

Hey fast, I'm also concerned about the voting and participants, I am personally responsible for missing quite a few myself, yet this is a large audience, and Jon's search methods and how I label this stuff is easily found on the net. I think the ressurgence of Face Book has taken away from forums as of late. I said I would never have one of those facebook things yet I did it, I find nothing as a business but most of the forums these days are pretty dead since I deal mostly in drag racing. This is one forum I read almost everyday. I do hope the count gets larger and more people play.

I don't do any art but I always follow along and vote when I find the new thread.

Perhaps a link to the next monthly contest thread will help some of us follow along.
Every little bit may help.

Pugsy

#10 ·
I tried that early on and the off topic forum didn't want it there which I can seeas double posting. I don't know how to make this take off, the artists work speaks for themselves. It's very odd to find a talented group that is willing to take time and do something for the sake of others enjoyment without anything lying underneath.

Maybe we can come up with something soon. I've tried money, free stuff and more, but as in any forum it's all about placement.

#12 ·
Fast 4 Door, Ken, thank you guys ....... I'm not sure either why we have 12 people vote one month and 30 another. I thought it might be the topic for the contest, but Christmas has always been a very popular month for entries and voting.

Over at the HAMB forum they get 7 pages of entries on the Friday Art Show .... some of those guys are here in this forum and maybe we need to put the word out to them and hope to get others over here. They don't have a monthly or weekly subject, but I'm sure those artists must have some drawings or photos that will work with what we have going on here.

This months it's the 1950's Rock and Roll era. I'm sure we all have something that would fit into this area. I hope that we can get more people entering this month and all that this forum to start voting. Hope 2011 will be a great year for HotRodders .........

#14 ·
57Corvette said:
Fast 4 Door, Ken, thank you guys ....... I'm not sure either why we have 12 people vote one month and 30 another. I thought it might be the topic for the contest, but Christmas has always been a very popular month for entries and voting.

Over at the HAMB forum they get 7 pages of entries on the Friday Art Show .... some of those guys are here in this forum and maybe we need to put the word out to them and hope to get others over here. They don't have a monthly or weekly subject, but I'm sure those artists must have some drawings or photos that will work with what we have going on here.

This months it's the 1950's Rock and Roll era. I'm sure we all have something that would fit into this area. I hope that we can get more people entering this month and all that this forum to start voting. Hope 2011 will be a great year for HotRodders .........
Bob, I was the administrator on one of the biggest outlaw drag racing forums, we had a huge amount of users yet most didn't talk or even participate in the forums and blamed it on lack of skill at computers which is no a fore-gone thought when I get text messages and so on from many of them anymore, I'm sure they can post in a thread by now, lol. we closed it about 3 years ago and people have asked to have it back.

There are those who feel they would be doing something wrong by going to another message board as in the standard "clique" of the way people engage, I doubt putting something on the HAMB would help but most likely hurt in some ways, it all depends on how they view hotrodders.com

#15 ·
Only Racing said:
Bob, I was the administrator on one of the biggest outlaw drag racing forums, we had a huge amount of users yet most didn't talk or even participate in the forums and blamed it on lack of skill at computers which is no a fore-gone thought when I get text messages and so on from many of them anymore, I'm sure they can post in a thread by now, lol. we closed it about 3 years ago and people have asked to have it back.

There are those who feel they would be doing something wrong by going to another message board as in the standard "clique" of the way people engage, I doubt putting something on the HAMB would help but most likely hurt in some ways, it all depends on how they view hotrodders.com

Mark,

I went back and looked at how many times this thread has been viewed ......220 times. I know some of those views came from the artists, but only 12 votes and 220 views??? It would be great if some of the guys who are looking and not voting chimmed in and told their side of the story. maybe there are a lot looking who have not signed up as members .......I would love to hear from them.

#16 ·
Jon does a really good job at Search Engine Optimisation so I know that if I type something in it comes up on at no less than the second page so it could just be people looking Bob.

One way is to get out the word, there are alot of people sitting at home looking to expand on their jobs or even get some idea's for a possible new career. I know this is how it came to me in photography then into graphics and web design. I believe that the "Forward Thinkers" could find some service in being part of this even with the rules outlined here for advertising. I know I always look at a members profile and see if they have a website or something like a journal or gallery and will help to push it along in some way or another.

This should be part of todays mentality IMO with the net taking everything over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.