Christmas Decorating

3K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  MARTINSR 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)

Attachments

#17 ·
Thanks guys :) glad to see some of your pics indoor or out :thumbup: Christian, Atheist,Jew, Muslim, ETC It doesn't matter Post a pic!

A little trivia:
As a Child my family celebrated St Nick day on January 6th, and the birth of Christ on Dec 25th. So our tree went up on Christmas eve and came down after the 6th of Jan. , But What ever you call him St. Nick , Santa Clous, Gwiazdor ,Knecht Ruprecht,Tomten, Los Reyes Magos: Melchor, Gaspar and Baltasar ,Grandfather Frost or Ded Moroz, Babbo Natale, ETC, ETC or if you celebrate it on the 6th,12, or 25, of Dec, or January 1st or the 5th or 6th of Jan<(its celebrated on different dates all around the world)> (So Santa actually has more then one night to deliver his bounty) !!! Even though our storys here take place the same day as Jesus is said to be born the 25th of DEC. !! I never understood why we incorporated Christmas and Santa day? on the same date :confused: St. Nicholas Day is December 6th already over with in some areas LOL, a traditional feast day for children practiced in some parts of Europe and not related to Christmas at all!!!! Others have it on the 6th of Jan others on other dates and its not related with traditional Christmas :mwink: LOL

My wife and I live alone these days! Over the years she gets a couple of decorations each year after Christmas when they go on sale and ad them to the display that we start just after Thanksgiving :eek::sweat::thumbup: I put them up and she gives me applause :mwink:and she smiles :D Kids from around the area love it and their parents take pics! Its really cold and takes a tole on my hands though that were frost bit years ago on a welding job, and then burned in a gas fire on a Water well rig :pain: LOL even in gloves they start to pound and burn so I can only stay out for a few minutes at a time! But its worth it:thumbup:

Jester

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.