Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hot Rod Art (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hot-rod-art/)
-   -   Christmas Help!!!! (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/christmas-help-129422.html)

SusieO 12-06-2007 05:04 PM

Christmas Help!!!!

I need some help!!!! My dad (74 yrs young) as asked for a Christmas present. He's asked for something specific maybe three times that I can recall in my 40+ years..... He has been going thru his 1962 thru about 1968 HOT ROD Magazines looking for a poster or a painting of two old stock cars (coupes) that are "parked" next to a barn. He states that they are coupes (like the one I was named after!!! The "Little Susie") and that they have numbers on them and are "retired" next to this barn. He has no clue who/what/when/where this was run, if it's a painting or just a poster....but from '62-ish, I'm gambling that it's a painting that was done. This print is ALL that he wants for Christmas.....

I have been scouring the web trying to find something that resembles this...
If anyone is familiar with this print or knows of a good site for stock car art, please let me know.....I would appreciate it so much!

Thanks!!!!

"Little" Susie

JeffB 12-07-2007 12:10 AM

Car pics

I ran across poster pics like that on ebay,go surfing,Good Luck!

malc 12-07-2007 12:30 AM

Dale Klee
Tom Fritz
Automotive artists, list

454 Rattler 12-07-2007 06:07 AM

I really hope you find what you're looking for. I've noticed that as I get older, there are certain things that I would like as a gift. Some of us get tired of socks and underwear. Don't settle for the average gift.

By the way, welcome to HR.com.

Have a Merry Christmas !!

454 RATTLER

cboy 12-07-2007 06:53 AM

I think Malc has steered you in the right direction with the Dale Klee link - these are some famous (among car buffs) paintings/posters that have often appeared in car magazines. Specifically you might look at this group Klee stock cars

SusieO 12-07-2007 08:47 PM

Christmas HELP ELVES!!

Thank you all! I will start digging on all your suggestions....keep your fingers crossed! :)

SusieO 12-07-2007 09:28 PM

Christmas HELP

OMG....I'm blatting like a baby - Dale Klee has GOT TO BE THE ONE!!!! Just like Dad described.....will have to print them out so he can look at them and choose the one that he wants. I can't even tell you how much your HELP means to me! It's more than I can express - I can't even see the darn screen. Talk about emotional! Must be why I own a Kharman Ghia!! LOL

Will keep you posted! Fingers crossed!!!!!

Susie O.

SusieO 12-08-2007 06:14 AM

Christmas Help

EUREKA!!! TOUCHDOWN!! JACKPOT! Do I sound excited!!!
I cannot thank you ALL enough - extra hug for Malc! Found it! But....out of all the pictures, he's found another he thinks he likes better! :) That is fine! I did e/mail the artist (Dale Klee) and related the story....they sent (this morning) a few that are discontinued but they would be willing to part with one of them! So, Dad has to make a decision which one(s) he wants.

Again! Thank you so much for everything.....I'm not a hot rodder, but I may hide in the shadows and keep an eye on what's going on!

All my best and Happy Holidays!

Susie O.

(wanna buy a Ghia? LOL)

454 Rattler 12-08-2007 03:34 PM

I think this is going to your Dad's best Christmas gift. You should be very proud.

Merry Christmas to you and yours !!

454 RATTLER

Rob Keller 12-08-2007 04:43 PM

Will you share a Digital photo of the print when you get it?

:welcome: Welcome to HOTRODDERS.com :welcome:

Rob :thumbup:

SusieO 12-08-2007 06:12 PM

Christmas Help

Thank you.....the best Christmas Gift is that he is here.....survived esophagus cancer (w/a 2% chance), a heart attack, and four WOMEN in the house!!!! Thank goodness a son finally came and then a grandson (4 grandaughters). So, I will definitely do a digital and most likely one with him in it!!!

Thank you to all! :) :) :)

SusieO

dinger 12-08-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusieO
Thank you.....the best Christmas Gift is that he is here.....survived esophagus cancer (w/a 2% chance), a heart attack, and four WOMEN in the house!!!! Thank goodness a son finally came and then a grandson (4 grandaughters). So, I will definitely do a digital and most likely one with him in it!!!

Thank you to all! :) :) :)

SusieO

Geez, 4 women and all that other stuff? Your Dad has to be tuffer than nails. God Bless Him! Merry Christmas. Dan

SusieO 12-09-2007 08:13 AM

Christmas Help

You hammered that one on the head! LOL

SusieO 12-17-2007 06:12 PM

Christmas HELP

Well....y'all did it! The print came today in the form of a 2001 Calendar - only one other left at this time.....had to open it as the good ol' US Postal Service damaged the package - even though it said FRAGILE/ART WORK. But, that's OK - all was well!!! I let him open it tonite (due to the damage) and the first page was "the print". We spent quite a bit of time going thru the pages - I also bought a 2008 calendar from M/M Klee - super folks, let me tell you! Anyway, we will have the official photos at Christmas!!! LOL

I just wanted to ensure that I popped back in to THANK every one for all their help.....it's the little things that make our lives so great....all my best to you all for a SAFE, HEALTY, and HAPPY Holiday - however you may celebrate it!

Susie

kruzr 12-17-2007 06:18 PM

I 'm glad everything turned out for you....Merry Christmas :D