Hot Rod Forum banner

Are chrome wheel plugs supposed to be loose in Weld wheel?

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  camaroman7d 
#1 ·
I have a set of dual bolt pattern Weld Draglites on my car with the Mr.Gasket chrome wheel plugs that cover the extra bolt holes.They are very loose and sometimes like they are halfway hanging out.I have not lost any of them yet but how do you tighten them up?
How much should i torque the lugnuts? they are 7/16ths.The reason i asked is i ruinded one of my rims this weekend by not having it tight enough i am just thankful it did not come completely off. :(

#2 ·
The Weld wheels are forged lightweight aluminum with a piece in the middle that uses up the excess space ( it is actually loose and you can hear it rattle ). Torque the wheels to 75 lb ft and drive the car around the block then re torque the wheel again. The instructions from Weld specifically tells you to re torque after driving a short distance. I didn't get any chrome plugs with my rodlights so can't tell how they might be tightened.

Oljoedog

Live long race hard

#4 ·
The plugs should not be loose. I think I have a brand new set of Weld brand plugs out in the garage. Let me know if you are interested. I ended up going with a different wheel. I will double check to make sure I have them.

Royce

#5 ·
There are different size plugs. The ones I have are Mr. Gasket as well. They are 11/16". Meaning they are for an 11/16" hole. I thought I had a set of Weld brand but, that is a set of lug nuts (sorry).

Royce

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.