Chrysler interior growing mushrooms!? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2002, 02:25 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post Chrysler interior growing mushrooms!?

Hey everyone,

I just got my '66 Chrysler 300 running, but the interior is kinda trashed. It was sitting for awhile and it has mushrooms growing out of the passenger-side carpet. does anyone know how i can replace the weatherstripping or what I can do to stop moisture from getting in? I really want to get this car back to the level it was when I first bought it. any help would be awesome.

Thanks,
Beau

Also, does anyone know where my step-father can get 4 Dog Dish hubcaps for a 1972 GMC 3/4 ton truck? It has 8 lug 16 inch chrome wheels.

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: Bo_Jangles ]

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: Bo_Jangles ]</p>

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2002, 12:23 AM

Last photo:

Thumbs up

hi steve here first you need to strip everything out seats carpet and anything else that is on the floor open doors let dry out clean rust and dirt out fix any holes in floor you need to make sure that your windows and doors seal good if it is going to be in the weather if not then your ready to start fixing it up you can get all kinds of books to buy weather stripping i have a 70 plymounth cuda i use year one book thay are on the internet as yearone.com thanks steve
gonzales67@msn.com
Old 04-09-2002, 12:25 AM

Last photo:

Thumbs up

hi steve here first you need to strip everything out seats carpet and anything else that is on the floor open doors let dry out clean rust and dirt out fix any holes in floor you need to make sure that your windows and doors seal good if it is going to be in the weather if not then your ready to start fixing it up you can get all kinds of books to buy weather stripping i have a 70 plymounth cuda i use year one book thay are on the internet as yearone.com thanks steve
gonzales67@msn.com
Old 04-09-2002, 12:58 AM
Speed is a question of money..

Last photo:

Hey Bo_Jangles!

Steve hit it right on the head... pull everything out of the car to make sure it's good and dry while you're fixing the weatherstripping. This is going to keep any current/past rust from getting any worse.

As far as a source for your rubber, there are a number of great suppliers such as YearOne, but if you don't want to deal with them pick up a Mopar Magazine or something along those lines and look through it... there's always a few ads for weatherstripping suppliers.

Just for fun... take a few pictures of the mushrooms to show your friends later when they're eyes glaze over at your ride!

SuperFrog
Old 04-09-2002, 09:23 AM

Weather stripping inside the windows is a bit tricky. Soff Seal should have the trunk and door stuff. But for great instructions and authentic parts contact Restoration Specialties.
Old 04-09-2002, 05:55 PM

Hi, i had similar problem with 70 fury. I found the cowl vents plugged up with leaves, dirt etc. allowing water to flow into the floor. they have small drain hoses underneath the windshield wiper cavity. look there first. joe
Old 04-09-2002, 09:43 PM

if you pickup an isse of mopar performance you will find an ad for year one. there you should be able to find what you're lookin for
Old 04-10-2002, 03:34 PM

Talking

Cool,

Thanks for all the information so far. It'll really help alot.

If I find that there are holes in the floor board, how would I go about patching them? Could I use that "liquid metal" stuff? What would be the best and most cost effective way to do it?

Also, does anyone know any other places where a car like a '66 Chrysler 300 would be prone to leak?

Thanks,
Beau

[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: Bo_Jangles ]</p>

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.