CHUBBY CHASSIS - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2003, 07:50 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thumbs up CHUBBY CHASSIS

do not use chubby chassis for anything they are not trustworthy. we were ripped off by him. ordered front end 14 months later only half order was sent, now no one will respond to my calls.

i want to know if anyone else had a problem with him. please let me know. we can all persue the issue, and stop him from illegal practices.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2003, 10:28 PM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

uh....what?!
Later,
WEIMER
Old 10-24-2003, 02:00 PM

reply volks-dragon

Things are not always as they seem. We had some issues with this customer but we feel they have been satisfied. we also fabricated some special parts for his custom project at no charge. we also spent alot of time on the phone discussing design on this project ,also at no charge and on our dime. We are sorry that this customer is un happy with us. Sometimes things just don't happen as one would like . He has however, received everything that was promised and then some. All of the merchandise that we produced and sent to him was of the highest quality. As in most businesses you cannot satisfy everyone you work with but you should try your best,and we do!

Chubby

Last edited by Chubby Chassis; 10-24-2003 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:26 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Take it to the dump boys!!!!!

Kevin
Old 10-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Welcome to the Hotrodders Bulletin Board gentlemen .

VOLKS-DRAGON -- we have a specific part of our website for posting reviews of rodding companies. Just click on "Company Reviews" towards the top of this page. I've added Chubby Chassis to the list of hundreds of companies we already have listed. Just follow the simple directions and place a review. Be sure to be as accurate and descriptive as possible. When you place a review in the Company Reviews section, many more people will see it than when you just post on the board. If you have any questions about the review process, please feel free to post in the "Site Suggestions and Help" forum on this board.

Chubby Chassis -- we are impartial in this matter. However, you should know that our website is very highly ranked in many search engines. I just did a search at Google for "chubby chassis". Your website is listed first. This discussion is listed second. Here's a screenshot:

I can't imagine that's what you want. I realize there's always (at least) 2 sides to every story. Hopefully you two can resolve this situation by communicating.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:31 PM

Jon

I could be loosing sales because of that remark. How do I go about getting this removed from the search engines?

Thanx
Old 10-24-2003, 06:36 PM
Rebuilt Excitment

Last photo:

Jon,
I noticed that the post from Volks Dragon was a very old (Feb 2003) post and it does not look as if he posted since. Maybe the search is what got chubby chassis to our little corner of the net. I for one am glad to see him here possibly he coud show the manufacturers point of view to our discussions on Mustang II style front ends. I do know that they have been around for several years and this is the first time I had seen anything negative about the company.

Chubby feel free to join in on any of the forum, we do have a lot of fun here,several old geisers like me and some young un's too. I think that it is good to see people from the industry around when there is a problem it may be able to resolved a little quicker.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:38 PM

Join Us

Chubby Chassis -- it is more or less impossible to get a comment like that removed from a search engine. Even if Google wanted to remove the page (I guarantee you they do not), they couldn't. It's a free speech issue.

It may move up or down in the rankings, but it will still be there. It's almost certainly losing sales for you.

I hope you understand why it's important for rodders to be able to speak their minds, even if you do feel that there were some incorrect comments made about your company. There are a couple of companies that MANY people have spoken out against because of bad business practices; and before the net, rodders were basically powerless against them.

Having said that, I personally have not heard negative comments about your company, beyond this one. I know that no company pleases every single customer ever, and it is my hope that this is just an isolated incident. Like most conflicts, there was probably some miscommunication, and I wouldn't be surprised if both sides went away feeling that they didn't get a fair shake.

If I were in your situation, and someone said something about my company on the net that I felt was inaccurate, here's what I would do:

1. I would seek to resolve the situation with the individual customer, even if it involved making some sort of financial sacrifice. Even if I knew I was correct. Then, I would convince him to post on the board about how I resolved the situation for him to his satisfaction.

2. I would join THIS COMMUNITY and establish a reputation. Hotrodders.com is the largest, busiest hotrodding website in the world. If you help people out, and answer questions without trying to promote your business, you will get tons of free, honest publicity. If the online hotrodding community gets to know you, they will stick up for you when someone bad-mouths your company. We already have some smart business owners on the board that have realized this, and are members of this community.

In particular, like EBlack36 said, we could use your help in a recent discussion on Mustang II crossmembers, at this link. It might turn out that this whole incident is a blessing in disguise for your company.
Old 10-25-2003, 02:52 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

Chubby Dude

This is like totally uncool Dude. I have never heard of your company. I have dealt with Meyers in the past to my satisfaction. The Unsatisfied Customer said he didn't get 1/2 his order, did he pay you for the full order? You are right, this could cost you sales if left unresolved. You know this guy it seems? Hopefully this is a isolated incident? If the customer copped an attitude with you and got Prissy then flamed you that is one thing. If the customer has a righteous complaint against you, you better resolve his complaint to HIS satisfaction so he can give you a positive comment though belated. Yes, you can't make everybody happy. I had a bike shop and found out how true that WAS. Then you will have to explain in DETAIL how you tried to resolve the problem and HOW this guy never found your attempts to resolve it satisfactory, Or not. He started something you have the power to finish.

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!

Last edited by tm454; 10-25-2003 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Psychotic

Last photo:

If Jon were to delete this entire thread then possibly it would dissappear off search as well.
Or post your own post in response, you would have to title it Chubby Chassis and then start with any letter before D, seeing as most things are listed alphabetically.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Moby302
If Jon were to delete this entire thread then possibly it would dissappear off search as well.
Or post your own post in response, you would have to title it Chubby Chassis and then start with any letter before D, seeing as most things are listed alphabetically.

Yes, if I deleted the thread, then it would most likely eventually be removed from the search engines. We don't delete threads here. In this situation, we must remain impartial. We cannot delete a thread to benefit a business without completely abandoning our integrity.

Most search engines, including google, do not list results alphabetically. They are generally listed by relevance. "Relevance" is figured by extremely complex algorithms, which generally do not consider alphabet order.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:08 PM

Last photo:

what kinda stuff does chubby chassis sell..

Nos
Old 10-26-2003, 03:44 PM
Psychotic

Last photo:

Okay, thanks Jon.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:11 PM
Returning American Maddman

Last photo:

Jon, you always impress me.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:34 PM

I have just finished a 1946 Ford built on a Chubby Chassis

And I have been very happy with the quality. I had a minor problem at the beginning of the build, and they handled it immediantly. I am a happy customer.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.