Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Circle track engine options, need some insight!!
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 10:43 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRoy1978
its a full bodied dirt car, IMCA stock car, 2900 pounds, 8 inch spec tire.

I won track points this year, and im running a 355, scat crank/rods, KB flat tops, double hump heads with a .516/.524 cam, roller rockers, weiand intake, 350 cfm B&B 2 barrel, stepped headers with about 48 inch tubes...dynos around 420-430.

everyone else either runs a 355, or a 383/377, with a couple 412's and 434's. The 434's are rumored to make over 500 hp, but they just burn the tires off all the way around the track, yes....burn, seen them smoke tires on dirt before.

Once again, cant use aluminum.

Just trying to get a jump on this since these rules changed last week. Wondering if the bigger carb would be worth sacrificing a bit of compression, and a little bit on the head.

IMO i would go with the 500cfm carb, I race at TOYOTA SPEEDWAY in southern california, and they recently changed the Late Model rules saying instead of the 2bbl engine that can be rebuilt by specified engine builders(+20-40 more hp after a rebuild) you can run a completely sealed motor straight from GM and run a 4bbl on it. not sure on the cfm =/ ANYWAYS the guys that have changed to the 4bbl motors are consistantly 1-2 tenths quicker than anyone.