Civic trans cooler hoses? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 03:34 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Civic trans cooler hoses?

Let me say thanks to all who answered my question about replacing the radiator support on my ladys 95 civic. Got it done this weekend. It was a good amount of work but I got it squared away except for a few issues.

I asked this question on a civic board and didn't quite come up with a clear answer, so I though I would ask you dudes.

While pulling the radiator the two threaded fitting hoses on the bottom nuts were rusted pretty bad and I could not get them back on I figure it would be best to replace them anyway. What are these hoses called and where do they run to change out? Where is a good source to find replacements?

One guy said they may be the transmission cooler hoses. That are a feature of automatic transmission version civics.

I am having a hard time finding a part number or what part I need to get to construct my own. Any help would be awesome.
Thanks!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2011, 03:55 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dixon
While pulling the radiator the two threaded fitting hoses on the bottom nuts were rusted pretty bad and I could not get them back on I figure it would be best to replace them anyway. What are these hoses called and where do they run to change out? Where is a good source to find replacements?

One guy said they may be the transmission cooler hoses. That are a feature of automatic transmission version civics.

I am having a hard time finding a part number or what part I need to get to construct my own. Any help would be awesome.
Thanks!
I'm not too well versed on Hondas, but if it IS the tranny cooler fittings and they are the double flare-type and used on hard lines (steel tubing as opposed to a hydraulic hose assembly), you should be able to get replacements from NAPA or any parts house that's fairly well stocked. If the lines are those "bubble flare" type, I can't really offer anything constructive- I've never used that type flare tool.

Unless you know fitting sizes by sight, I'd suggest cutting the lines and remove the fittings to match them up at the store. You will also need to have a flaring tool, and a tubing cutter sure makes things easier/better, too.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:31 AM

Last photo:

cobalt327: thanks for the info.
That sounds more like the answer I was looking for. I thought that they were hard lines wrapped in a insulator. I think I have a flaring tool and a pipe cutter that my old man gave me; I'll have to check the size. I will have to cut the end off and see if I can match it.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:55 PM

Last photo:

I was hoping to find a pre assembled line.
I went to napa website and they directed me to try calling a local store.
I called the store and they were no help.
I guess I'm back to trying to find out what size line and fitting I will need.
Does anyone here know what is involved as far as bending the hard line. What tool is used?

thanks dudes.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:05 PM

Last photo:

I am going to assume that the lines are aluminum and are double flaired. I just need to find the dimensions, for the tubing and for the fittings.

I unfortunately don't have the car at my house to measure; its over at my girls mom's house.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:27 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dixon
I am going to assume that the lines are aluminum and are double flaired. I just need to find the dimensions, for the tubing and for the fittings.

I unfortunately don't have the car at my house to measure; its over at my girls mom's house.
If you cannot find anything online, you might try a Honda dealership parts department. Most things are on the computer, they should be able to tell you something about the fitting sizes and the way the line is made up- i.e. whether it's a high pressure hose assembly or a simple fitting w/a flared tubing.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.