Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - clamp on walking feet any good?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 05:23 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes View Post
If all you're doing is small jobs then you don't need anything at all. I'm not suggesting that you go out and buy a walking foot machine, I'm telling you there is no attachment that will make your home machine into one. No matter what they call it, it can't be a walking foot machine.
I know its not going to turn it into a walking foot machine. I have no illusions. Heck, my old model 27 was the bees knees for upholstery shops and redoing old buggy seats.... 130 years ago It would just be nice to have a way to release some of the tension on the pressor foot while the dogs are pulling back, otherwise you really have to manhandle the heavy material to keep it lined up, and if it gets out of whack, things get bad fast. That thing is a beast and it likes to grab on and pull hard, so I wont call it a walking foot attachment, Ill call it a little gadget to release the foot tension ( which looks like essentially what they are even though they call them a walking foot attachment )

I may try pulling the machine apart and see if I can find a lighter spring to stuff in there, or maybe rig a 2 stage spring, that would probably accomplish the same thing. As old as that things is, whos to say its got the right spring in it right now?