Hot Rod Forum banner

clay smith c.304.6.b

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Blazin72 
#1 ·
hi i need help on my cam i got for 10 buck i just dont now the the lift and what motor will it fit the cam is the clay smith and the c.304.6.b thanks

#2 ·
nathanyalparker said:
hi i need help on my cam i got for 10 buck i just dont now the the lift and what motor will it fit the cam is the clay smith and the c.304.6.b thanks
A $10 cam? Make a paperweight out of it.

A GOOGLE search was pretty easy and took about 30 seconds. I found the companys web site on the very front page of the search. c-304-6-b doesn't show up but c-304-8-b does...

It's a big block Chevy cam

http://claysmithcams.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=190

#4 ·
ya the cam is a clay smith the number stamped is c.304.6.b just let nme no is you find the lift on that cam
Blazin72 said:
A $10 cam? Make a paperweight out of it.

A GOOGLE search was pretty easy and took about 30 seconds. I found the companys web site on the very front page of the search. c-304-6-b doesn't show up but c-304-8-b does...

It's a big block Chevy cam

http://claysmithcams.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=190

#6 ·
nathanyalparker said:
Cut your losses and buy a cam w/the specs you need, not some crapshoot like this.

If the cam is used it's not worth $10. The chances are very good that it will ruin a new set of lifters and chew itself up in the process, spreading metal all through the engine.

#8 ·
nathanyalparker said:
i was in a run truck and he parted the truck out he bout it brand new and payed 180 for it so just call clay smith and they can tell me
So the guy parted out the engine too? Even though it was apparently running? Seems strange. You can play with your $10 cam if you really want to but you would be wise to just buy a NEW cam and save any potential hassles. You can get NEW cam and lifter sets for right around $100 from Summit Racing.

i just dont now the the lift and what motor will it fit
If the guy you bought it from pulled it out of a running engine shouldn't you already know what engine it was for? If not, maybe you should ask the seller?

Do you even have an engine to put it in?

Either way, it's a $10 lump of iron.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.