Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Clean up engine bay
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 07:31 PM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I just had to use the leaf blower thing, hope you understood that as just something funny to say.

The engine bay it really all your own to finish out. I would suggest you look at different cars to get your ideas; choose the details you like best and apply them to your car. What style? race; custom; clean stock, each has a very distinct look and tend to follow a theme.

You want the dress ups to look like it belongs, for instance you mentioned yellow spark plug wires, for me no thanks. However I run MSD so red fits there, matches the cap, my other hotrod I have Crane it has a blue cap, I run Morosso Blue Max on that car; yellow just does not fit.

Here is a link to look at notice it says deeper flange; PN 1221

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...c_chrome.shtml

This part is common and most likely can be found at pep boys, Oralie's maybe auto zone. You can buy this stuff and with care install it to check the fit, they will not have a problem taking it back if does not fit. Take care opening the box and do not scratch it.

Just one other item to clue you in on, good old glossy black rustoleum brush and spray on will do wonders to an engine bay. Cheap fun with a good reward.