Clean up engine bay - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2010, 08:49 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

first of all, get that PVC tubing for fuel OUT OF THERE!!

that is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS, and is an engine fire waiting to happen. PVC is not designed to handle the heat, nor the chemical nature of gasoline. USE FUEL LINE!!!!!

then either neatly route, or shorten anything you can.. just work on it a little at a time.. you will get there.
Before

AFter

see, and I've still got a ways to go before it's exactly how I want it.. but just tidying things up goes a long way

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2010, 09:22 PM

Last photo:

Nice^^^

I'm working on cleaning mines up to. Get rid of what you don't need or plan on using. I cleared all of my A/C stuff out, Cut some wires, & added some loom to my wires. That wire loom helps a whole lot!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:59 PM
"CLASSIK" Chevy

Last photo:

On my truck, I bought these chrome covers for the hoses, and maybe get some color on the wires (make sure which is which though), I'll upload a pic, it's not the best, but I hope you understand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Import_027.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	49966  

Last edited by chevorletc10; 11-11-2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: mispelling and puncuation
Old 11-11-2010, 11:44 PM

Last photo:

I used blue split loom at one point.. and I found it made the car a little circus looking.. so I settled on a Black and Chrome theme, with just a splash of color here and there for high lights (like the blue ignition wires).. I wish MSD made a black distributor cap tho! but since I have red and blue AN fittings, the red cap doesn't look entirely out of place

one of the BIG things I did was made custom battery cables... well Big in effect.. it wasn't that much work. just a couple of hours..

This is the before shot (it's a huge unreduced image, so I'll just link to it here)

this is after.. I used 4ga welding cable, and just bought the ends loose at the parts store. Soldered them on. I used the quick ends at the battery because I wanted red and black ends, plus I needed to room to attach other large wires..
then I tucked both cables into 1" split-tubing, and routed both cables to the block in such a way they could run together as far as needed.
i took the pic before I painted the cable hold downs black so they weren't so obvious

then this is how I worked it out at the block..

also with my MSD box wires.. all I did was bundle them together into split tubing and made it look a lot tidier.. I'm considering running all the wires inside the wheel well so they don't show it all, but I gotta make sure the tires won't rub them first.
this was right after I put the MSD box and coil in.

and just a little care and attention later:
(hindsight, I should have used black zip ties)

something else I did.. instead of running a vac line from the front of the carb back to the firewall for my AC controls (I have a700r4, so I don't have a trans vacum line) I drilled and tapped the intake underneath the rear floatbowl of the carb, and added an an-4 elbow, this feeds manifold vac back to the firewall, and the stainless braided hose just looks nicer then plain ol black hose

Last edited by kc8oye; 11-11-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.