Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Clear Coat Adhesion Problems
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 11:37 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Never heard of the stuff you are using but don't think its a clear problem, could it be the conditions, I bet it is.

You gave good flash time but temp and humidity changes everything as well as grade and quality of reducer.

Fast reducer at 90 with 70% humidity will flash and dry to touch in a minute and at the same time trap or delay the other solvents from releasing and in effect, slow the dry time down, fast is not faster.

No matter if this clear is made by a bottom feeder or not and like I said , never heard of it, its not the fault of the clear.
Take a carefull look at the reasons I posted and see if you can figure out what happened to you. Way too many did it once, "pros" on forums and I already commented on how the clear looked and that pretty well states a true scenario of what happened. It is a hand print.

Bad clears usually go bad after 1.5-2 years if everything else was done right, due to lack of mils or poor UV additive package.